1/64 Scale Diecast Figures | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

1/64 Scale Diecast Figures

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I picked up some 1/64 scale diecast American Diorama camper figures to see how the size would look with US-1.

They're supposed to be standing around a campfire which is included. They have big bellies, beers, and smokes, so they're basically truck driver figures. :D The size is slightly large for the semis but not too much, a scale few inches. They are too tall for true 1/87 scale like the freight terminal and Howard Johnsons but look okay a few inches away, the Exxon station seems way smaller. The Fire station, Shell and Exxon garages are more like 1/64 scale, the gas pump is just too big. The figures are about the height of the man doors or a little smaller, the doors are normally 6'8" in buildings so a few inches taller then average but maybe they're big guys? A few figures really wake up layouts, Central City is a ghost town, the only resident is a headless bulldozer driver dude. :ROFLMAO:

people 1.jpgpeople 2.jpgpeople 3.jpgpeople 4.jpgpeople 5.jpgpeople 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
1/87 scale seems to be what's in the Bulldozer operator seat.

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
The bulldozer guy is 1/87 for sure, I think it's because that was deigned for the Tyco model railroads which stick to 1/87 scale more or less. HO Slot cars were around 1/87 scale to begin with a but ended up around 1/64 eventually, These figures aren't that expensive, painted and have pretty good detail, stand up by themselves which is always good. I'll probably make bases for them, they give you a sticker sheet with round discs and I have no idea what they're for, paper plates?

That dude and his buddy just took my Firebird out for a joy ride and he's doing burnouts! :mad:

People 7.jpg

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
More people.
That first step is a big one, it would never pass an inspection.
The whole thing would need railings and guardrails to bring it up to code, and some restroom facilities. Right now they have to go down the street to use the bathroom at the Howard Johnsons, that's why I donated the pickup truck to them. I may run for Central City mayor so every little bit helps, if I win I may even end up being appointed the Secretary of Transportation someday.:D

20240417_135417.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread