1980's US1 Trucking Christmas Photos | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

1980's US1 Trucking Christmas Photos

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
First one is me, second one was share from a member last Christmas! Please share yours here or on Facebook.
mile-biddle.jpg

christmas-michael-smart-interstate-delivery-set.jpg

412691890_10232870452449304_9052700641869283822_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
My set in 1985
Wow! Santa was nice to you. :) I've never seen so many Exxon garages in one place.

My daughter was born in '85, we had US1 trucking later than normal in the mid 90's. She's been bugging me about selling it ever since, wait until she sees what's she's getting on Christmas morning! :D
I'm going to commandeer her big dining room table, I even got some green felt for under the track, lots of extra gravel.
I think my 12 and 8 year old grandsons may like what she's getting too.?
I'm a lIfelong slot car guy and only got back into this version of them a few months ago to put something together for my little girl for Christmas and it snowballed, pun intended .:LOL:

Wow! Santa was nice to you. :) I've never seen so many Exxon garages in one place.
They were Fire Stations. My uncle and I painted them different colors. Toys R Us were clearance selling them for a dollar.

That’s amazing! I assume there were a lot of power pack’s involved!
I used one from a Tyco 440xs2 set. I think they were around 21 volts. I clipped the end off and wired it on.

My daughter was born in '85, we had US1 trucking later than normal in the mid 90's. She's been bugging me about selling it ever since, wait until she sees what's she's getting on Christmas morning! :D
I'm going to commandeer her big dining room table, I even got some green felt for under the track, lots of extra gravel.
I think my 12 and 8 year old grandsons may like what she's getting too.?
I'm a lifelong slot car guy and only got back into this version of them a few months ago to put something together for my little girl for Christmas and it snowballed, pun intended .:LOL:
I got my first US1 set in 1983 for Christmas. Wow 40 yrs ago! It was a Fire Alert set. I have no pictures of the receiving it. The drug store lost all of our film that year. I am going to set it up by itself this year. So my Mom can see it. You never know when its your last. You know what I mean? I hope your family enjoys seeing it run. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
I hope you all had a great Christmas!
I know what you mean suprb6970, my old man told me on every birthday since I was a little kid "You're lucky you lived this long" I always thought it was a little cold, but he was so right.
He also told me "Don't get old" , too late for me now. :ROFLMAO:
My daughter was so happy when she opened her present, her husband and kids were too, me the most.
It was the Christmas hit, she even posted it running on her Facebook page, lots of likes and envious friends and relatives, a lot saying they never senn anything so amazing in their whole life!
US-1 is cool.

My grandkids having some fun yesterday , Trace 8 and Daylen 12, The set is a combo of a Fire Alert and maybe a little Night Haulers.

20231225_165712-1.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Petvet and biddle
I hope you all had a great Christmas!
I know what you mean suprb6970, my old man told me on every birthday since I was a little kid "You're lucky you lived this long" I always thought it was a little cold, but he was so right.
He also told me "Don't get old" , too late for me now. :ROFLMAO:
My daughter was so happy when she opened her present, her husband and kids were too, me the most.
It was the Christmas hit, she even posted it running on her Facebook page, lots of likes and envious friends and relatives, a lot saying they never senn anything so amazing in their whole life!
US-1 is cool.

My grandkids having some fun yesterday , Trace 8 and Daylen 12, The set is a combo of a Fire Alert and maybe a little Night Haulers.

View attachment 379
Thats pretty awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread