2016 Auction Results for Black/Gold Peterbilt, Dept of Highways and White & Brown dump truck | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

2016 Auction Results for Black/Gold Peterbilt, Dept of Highways and White & Brown dump truck

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Someone sold the farm back in 2016. That's quite a bit for 8 years ago though. I'm not a fan of selling in auctions in groups like this. I think you get less money.

2016-auction-rare-trucks.jpg

rare-trucks.jpg

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I really like that 3938.. something about the white body is *chef’s kiss*… All three of these are magnificent. I remember the first time I saw that 3939 and I fell in love. That was a looooong time ago. Same with the 3914 R/W/Y Kenworth. That truck blew my mind..

Ah, the good ole days when I was pea green and didn’t know much of anything about US-1. The excitement of seeing something I never seen before..

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: SimpleB
SimpleB

SimpleB

Jan 18, 2024
Visit site
Agreed on both counts regarding the white dump truck and the R/W/Y Kenworth cabover. I love the late 70s/early 80s burnt color palette on the former, and the Kenworth cabovers in general just make me unreasonably happy in any color scheme for some reason. With prices like this, however, I'll have to resign myself to a more generic-looking fleet unless I strike gold at a yard sale.

(Edit: I posted this comment, and not 5 min later I stumbled on a listing for the aforementioned Kenworth at a decent price. Needs a grille, but that can be 3D printed. Happy happy. 😁 )

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking

Users who are viewing this thread