3-D Printed 3443 Disabled Car pickup | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

3-D Printed 3443 Disabled Car pickup

• Thread starter Thread starter mvdechaine
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

mvdechaine

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
I found on Ebay that they have 3D printer replicas of the Disabled Car Pick up- https://ebay.us/BlbIy0

I ordered it and attached it to my set. It works very well. My son made me a video of my entire set awhile back and we are going to update it with this new addition.

3443-Reproduction-2.jpg

3443-Reproduction-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dude waiting for the wrecker with the boom box for his tunes. Wait until he gets the bill for a heavy wrecker to put that Firebird on the hook.
I have the same track and it does work fine. I sanded the 3D printer grooves out of mine and painted it to match the track a little better.

disabled car track.jpg

I like the dude waiting for the wrecker with the boom box for his tunes. Wait until he gets the bill for a heavy wrecker to put that Firebird on the hook.
I have the same track and it does work fine. I sanded the 3D printer grooves out of mine and painted it to match the track a little better.

View attachment 1144
Awesome pant job, I didn't think that that pant would stick to the track. Do you remember what "color" you used?

Awesome pant job, I didn't think that that pant would stick to the track. Do you remember what "color" you used?
I used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Paint+Primer spray. The color is Satin Stone Gray. It's made to bond to plastic. I use it on black track to turn it gray too. It isn't an exact match but close enough.

Don't you have to add the metal rails? Other than old track, is there a supply of rails you use?

Don't you have to add the metal rails? Other than old track, is there a supply of rails you use?
Yes you have to add the metal rails. I used the rails from some track with broken tabs. I don't know what you could use other than old rails, it's no big deal to remove them then cut them to length with sidecutters and glue them in place from the bottom with some E6000.

Users who are viewing this thread