3208 Interstate Delivery vs. 3208-1 Interstate Delivery Set | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

3208 Interstate Delivery vs. 3208-1 Interstate Delivery Set

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
This has been posted before, but I just realized the Interstate Delivery set I recently aquired had a piece of 3031 Double Turn-Out track because it's a variation of the 3208. This is a good set since the Double Turn out track is desirable. In addition to that, oddly, Tyco also included a switch turnout track, the 3030 High Adventure Turnout, that serves no purpose on this layout design as far as I know. This is also a rare piece of track. I can confirm that the 3208-1 had both those rare track pieces in the set.

The 3208 used a 3032 Double Turn-Out w/ Bin. This is a 3208-1, it switched the 3032 for a 3031 Double Turn-Out and added a 3440 Dump Bin, which was discontinued in 1982 when the 3032 debuted in 1983.

In true Tyco fashion, the 3208-1 was shipped with the 3208-1 instructions that reflected the Double Turnout Variation, but they did not update the box artwork to reflect this, so it depicts the other double turnout with the bin on it. I suspect this set was put together with excess parts from the warehouse toward the end of life for US-1 Trucking in 1985. The set I bought had a hand written checklist dated from 1985/1986 from the original owner, which likely dates the set to this period.

If you hate reading, check out the video comparison here- https://forums.tycous1trucking.com/...-3208-1-interstate-delivery-set.275/post-1338

3208 Interstate Delivery Instructions.jpg
3208-1-Interstate-Delivery-.jpg

3208-1-rare-track.jpg

3208-1-Dump-Yard.jpg
3208-1-Interstate-Delivery-Set.jpg
3208-1-Overview.jpg

Last edited:
One last note, this also included a green controller! initially I thought I was buying a mixed lot, but I now strongly suspect this is original to the set and Tyco was putting whatever they could in there to get rid of excess inventory. I think the GI Joe sets must not have sold as well as they suspected so the turn out track and green controller got thrown into this set!
20240901_223456.jpg

us1trucking_01.jpg
photostudio_1724980322799.jpg

I believe what you are saying is true. I think Tyco had a lot of this G.I. inventory left over. There is another set out there that has 3 high adventure turnouts in it. I just don't remember which one. I like the switched turnouts. If all of them were like that you could use the track like a race set as well. Just change the terminal track out. I'm glad to see you snagged a green controller they are rare IMO.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
Another note: there is also a final version they called the 3208-2. TYCO eliminated the double turnout and included three High Adventure 9-inch switch tracks instead! So weird. It also has a green controller. If you watch my video, the switch tracks are a PITA! It also appears they tossed in the blue Goodyear Tire bin instead of the brown bin.

I'm convinced they did this because they were in financial trouble and a last ditch effort to liquidate overstocked parts.

3802.jpg

parts.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
One last note, this also included a green controller! initially I thought I was buying a mixed lot, but I now strongly suspect this is original to the set and Tyco was putting whatever they could in there to get rid of excess inventory. I think the GI Joe sets must not have sold as well as they suspected so the turn out track and green controller got thrown into this set!
View attachment 1111
View attachment 1112View attachment 1113
Your knowledge of these things is astounding, you should write a book. I have 2 Interstate Delivery sets other than the 3208. One is 3206 and the other is a Sears set number S3311. Do you have the parts list sheet for either of those? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread