3302 Cross Country set, how rare? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

3302 Cross Country set, how rare?

• Thread starter Thread starter suprb6970
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
How rare is this?
3302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a Sears catalog Cross County, C-O-U-N-T-Y set, lol. They mis labeled it as a country set. It’s fairly rare, I picked up one a while back and it tripped me out cause I missed the entry for it in the catalog cause they put it with the train sets. I hadn’t known of it till I saw it, then rechecked the catalog and it was there.

It was made in 1981 and is a clone to the 3205 set, except for having the catalog 33## item number. Even the 3205’s are far and few between.

No box so I’d probably pass on it other than just for getting the content sheet. It seemed most of the parts were in kinda shitty condition if I recall correctly. Even the one I got I tried to discount with an offer and I ended up replacing 90% of it, after I told the seller it wasn’t worth the asking price. I just couldn’t pass it up though…

That’s a Sears catalog Cross County, C-O-U-N-T-Y set, lol. They mis labeled it as a country set. It’s fairly rare, I picked up one a while back and it tripped me out cause I missed the entry for it in the catalog cause they put it with the train sets. I hadn’t known of it till I saw it, then rechecked the catalog and it was there.

It was made in 1981 and is a clone to the 3205 set, except for having the catalog 33## item number. Even the 3205’s are far and few between.

No box so I’d probably pass on it other than just for getting the content sheet. It seemed most of the parts were in kinda shitty condition if I recall correctly. Even the one I got I tried to discount with an offer and I ended up replacing 90% of it, after I told the seller it wasn’t worth the asking price. I just couldn’t pass it up though…
I was curious because I have never seen a catalog number start with 33.

I was curious because I have never seen a catalog number start with 33.

Oh, that seems to be the standard way to number the catalog sets.

AFAIK J.C. Penny sets start with “P” and end with “Q”. Sears sets start with “S” and end with “Q”. I’ve never seen a Montgomery Wards set in a Tyco catalog box.

The ones I know for sure are S3302Q, S3311Q, P3320Q, 3330, P3336Q, S3344Q,.

I recently saw an export Sears catalog set that has a 3405 set number. It was a unique 3226 C2C Haulers set. I’d more precisely say it was a 3336 Empire variant though. Oddly it had two freight terminals in it, and a gravel terminal. Used the track layout of the 3226/3336.

That gave me the inclination that export Catalog sets use a 34 set prefix number.

And some catalog sets sold in their retail boxes, like the 3330 and 3311. And some retain their 32 prefix but are in Tyco catalog set boxes.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: suprb6970

Users who are viewing this thread