3443 Pickup Track For Disabled Car Shell Sign & Bell Phone Booth | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

3443 Pickup Track For Disabled Car Shell Sign & Bell Phone Booth

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Complete write up, video, photos- https://tycous1trucking.com/us1-vehicles-trucks-trailers/phone-booth-pick-up-track/

The 3443 Pickup Track For Disabled Car is the rarest of all US1 Trucking action accessories because it was only included in the No. 3213 Highway Wrecker Set. The sign and phone booth came inside a clear bag with an orange road service sign, two pieces assembled to form a phone booth, a sticker sheet, and a single-page instruction sheet.

20231110_111657.jpg
1699632084941-226d5f4f-8302-421b-adbc-1ae8356e096a.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
Thanks again for the sign pics. I got one of those 3D printed ones, has a bad black and white version of the sign for some reason. Peeled it off with a hair dryer then made one, I just used glossy photo paper and got it to the right size after a lot of tries and printed it and voila! It looks okay, a lot cheaper than the real thing. The same goes for the disabled car track, I have to clean that 3D printing stuff up and put in some steel rails and paint it next. I did a dead end track and it looks pretty good.

20231224_145359.jpg20231224_152546.jpg

Thanks again for the sign pics. I got one of those 3D printed ones, has a bad black and white version of the sign for some reason. Peeled it off with a hair dryer then made one, I just used glossy photo paper and got it to the right size after a lot of tries and printed it and voila! It looks okay, a lot cheaper than the real thing. The same goes for the disabled car track, I have to clean that 3D printing stuff up and put in some steel rails and paint it next. I did a dead end track and it looks pretty good.

View attachment 373View attachment 374
Can you post a picture of the phone booth piece when you finish it. I am so curious. It looks nice what paint did you use?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
The pic is a little fuzzy, if I had some photo or graphics editing software I'd sharpen it, just got got a new laptop from Santa so I'll get something to play with. The sign pic is slightly bigger than the sign, you have to trim a hair off the edges with a matte knife or whatever, I took it off the sides and the red stripe on the bottom to make it the same width as the black stripe above it.
The sign opening measures approximately 3-1/32 (76.5 mm) x 1-15/32 (32 mm) inches, the opening may vary with the 3D printing though. The paint is Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch satin stone grey spray can, got it on Amazon.
The color is a shade light, looks like the older yellow stripe gray track color, if I get real serious I'll find something closer or have some matched and made up, but I doubt it, nothing matches anyway with the track paint removed Turbo track color and the varying old track colors.
I may leave the phone booth itself alone for now, if I do it I'll sand down the 3D roughness then replace the sides stickers (incorrect, same all the way around) and add the one to the top that it doesn't have. The track itself should be no problem to get ready for paint, the little switch handle clean up is my concern but it should be okay with time and patience, we ain't building the Taj Majal here...at least I ain't. :)

1699632084941-226d5f4f-8302-421b-adbc-1ae8356e096a-1536x1536 - 5 Shell.jpg

Is it possible to obtain access to the 3d printer file of the Shell Road sign at all please? I've done search for it online, but the Shell Road Sign I've not been able to locate. Thanks in advance!

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Petvet
There are some catalog items that blow this out of the water for rarity:

XU 671-0644 JC Penny Airport
XU 671-0651 A JCP 3450/3460 combo

48 T/G 28017 Wards 3456/3911 combo
48 T/G 28080 B/Y dump, 3470 and 3768 combo

Even the 3213 isn’t rare as we’ve seen at least 5 post on eBay the last couple months.

I will admit it took a long time to finally score one of them for myself, and within a week I had 2. Similar to getting a 3965. Still waiting to get a complete 3211..

Saw an export variant 3336 post up recently, it was a Sears catalog 3405 number. Had a $2,500 price. It differed in it has a freight trailer instead of the car trailer of the 3336. And oddly it has 2 freight terminals. Definitely a 1982 set. And unique, as US Sears catalog didn’t offer this set AFAIK, but not worth no where near $2,500… Or, is it?

D7577BE6-2B1B-4EF8-A3C8-DD4488BE9AA8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread