3D Printed Disabled Car Chassis Review and Tuning | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

3D Printed Disabled Car Chassis Review and Tuning

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I picked up a 3D printed disabled car chassis on ebay. It looks pretty good, fake front wheels have a flat spot and are a little out of round but solved with a sanding stick, otherwise okay other than the typical rough 3D printed surface, sandpaper fixes that too.

I tested it and it didn't work well at all, picked up and dropped off okay but kept falling off the truck hook because the rear guide is square on the edges, catches on the metal reversing tabs in the turnouts and it pulls it off the truck hook. I rounded the edges of the guide a little at a time until it worked, don't want to take off too much. I made it more airfoiled shape like the original then wet sanded it to make it smooth. Tested and it went through the turnouts fine but would come off the hook on bumps between the track sections sometimes.

The originals disabled car chassis has a weight in the front, I figured that maybe was to help hold it down on the hook when it's running and to keep the hook from popping off the truck catch? I took a weight I had from the front of a Tyco Command Control van body and glued it between the wheels in the front and all is good now, went 50 laps and it didn't come off. The seller says you can use dump truck rear axle and wheels but the wheel height and axle thickness is really too small IMO. The axle is the rear axle size, a little snug but snaps in fine and round micro filing in the axle opening frees them up, stay away from the top where they snap in though. I used a Command control rear axle and basic Tyco wheels with the projection cut off the back so they're flat like US-1. I got the front tires/wheels to look rounder then painted them flat black and the wheels silver, I left the chassis alone, can't really see it and it will be a bear to paint nicely, I did sand and paint the 3D printed disabled car track I got. I may have to get another track to park this one in.

I have the white one and the Shell garage to take them both to, I don't know why they go there, they never fix the things. lol.

20240318_125241.jpg20240318_150825.jpg20240318_151559.jpg20240318_151832.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53

Users who are viewing this thread