Added guardrails to my layout | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Added guardrails to my layout

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
My track looked bare without guardrails to me so I added 70 of them.
Now it looks more like a real highway. Tested with several different type US-1 vehicles and trailers and they all clear okay. They're genuine Tyco guardrails, some of the knock-offs are too close to the track and the vehicles and trailers hit them.

guardrails 2.jpg
guardrails.jpg

I remember having these on my TYCO slot car sets as a teenager.

I like the gray colored ones. Those are in the ones I'm going with.
I like the yeller ones, to each their own. Does Tyco make gray ones? I have some generic gray ones and they don't clip onto the track well and interfere with the trailers when they swing out around the corners and deslot them. I had a littler trouble with the wrecker rear tires on the ends of the rails on the approach to corners but bent the ends in a little to clear. The replacement rear tires stick out too far and hit them, they look weird too. I have to figure out how to cut or grind them down to make them thinner or get some that are the correct width. Good project for today.

You know what? You're right! The gray rails are aurora. They probably won't work. I do have some brown ones I've been saving. Tyco made green nite glow, white nite glow, orange, yellow, and brown. To the best of my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread