Airport Plane hits passing trucks | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Airport Plane hits passing trucks

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Mike Raffa

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
I just received a single lane track today that I bought on eBay. I needed it to set back my Airport Terminal from the main two-lane track. For some reason I didn’t know until recently that without extending the single lane, the flying airplane will hit a passing vehicle as it “flies” by. Also, in a bit of reality, an Airport shouldn’t be so close to a roadway. Has anyone ever noticed this and, if so, what did you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I just received one today that I bought on eBay. I needed it to set back my Airport Terminal from the main two-lane track. For some reason I didn’t know until recently that without extending the single lane, the flying airplane will hit a passing vehicle as it “flies” by. Also, in a bit of reality, an Airport shouldn’t be so close to a roadway. Has anyone ever noticed this and, if so, what did you do?
You don't need any of those 3-D Printed extensions. If your airport is original it's not going to hit anything, as it is not physically possible by design.

20240328_074140.jpg

20240328_074146.jpg

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
The airplane will never hit the truck running on the inside lane because it's making the airport go, like in the pics. The former WWII military weapons designers and engineers made sure of that in the US-1 Skunkworks, probably some leftover Germans we captured for our rocket program at the end of the war. :ROFLMAO:
If you move the airport back you have to extend the parallel main track next to it the same amount to move the track back or it will hit the truck in the outside lane.

Users who are viewing this thread