Airport Taxi Acquisition | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Airport Taxi Acquisition

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I finally got an Airport Taxi.
I didn't think I'd ever find one, let alone for a for a decent price but this one came up for 195 bucks buy it now last Saturday and I leapt upon it. It was on for about five minutes and I wasn't going to think about it and have somebody buy it out from under me. New old stock on the card but it came loose in the package, see that a lot, I think the bubble shrinks and pops them out of the wheel protrusions that hold them in?. I planned on opening it anyways for the price so no large deal, I would have probably paid what I did for a loose used one. They seem to be one of the rarer US-1 vehicles, what kid in their right right mind would have bought the thing?, present company excluded, lol. I opened it soon as I got it, orange peel and trash in the paint as usual but not bad, pad printing is pretty straight. I could paint better blindfolded but these things were made on a production line, seen some in pics that are really bad, probably made last shift on on a Friday, lol. . I already test painted a new Charger body blue to clone it, measured up the graphics and sent lots of photos and decals are being made, takes a while. I want to run one I don't have to worry about and the grandkids could use a couple in different colors with 440 X2 chassis so they can race in opposite directions, Nascar would be much less boring that way. :ROFLMAO:

taxi.jpgtaxi 2.jpg
3955-Airport-Taxi-Brown-Gears.jpg

3955-Airport-Taxi-Brown-Gears-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I'm glad you finally found one. I was in the same boat in 2023 , finally got one August 2023!

My Fiancée asked why they used a sports car for a Taxi. Lol

Screenshot_20240413_191637_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240413_191518_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240413_191518_eBay.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955

Users who are viewing this thread