Any Custom Vehicle Builds Out There? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Any Custom Vehicle Builds Out There?

• Thread starter Thread starter suprb6970
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
Any one have a custom build you would like to share?

Attachments

• Peterbilt Green.jpg
    Peterbilt Green.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
I'm sure it's been done but I want to do Bandit's semi (Snowman just drove it) and trailer from Smokey and the Bandit,, not a Peterbilt but no problem. I already have the Firebird,. The US-1 Cop car will have to do for the Sheriff Buford T. Justice car. The "Maximum Overdrive" Happy Toyz semi would be fun., have to light the mask eyes.
The last car I custom built was 1/32 scale, last year., the Corvette from one of the finest movies ever made... "Hot Rods to Hell". :D The model is an old Monogram, the people were the hard part, posing them right and getting them to fit, tight squeeze. :)

20220719_192007 - a.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Cool Vette! I did see a Happy Toyz kit being sold on ebay once. But it looked like to much work and not very good quality. I have done some builds in the past. They were ok at the time. But haven't held up well.

Attachments

• Dump Cement.jpg
    Dump Cement.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Dump Cherrios.gif
    Dump Cherrios.gif
    226.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Dump Garbage.jpg
    Dump Garbage.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Dump Hersheys.jpg
    Dump Hersheys.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Dump Mounds.gif
    Dump Mounds.gif
    186 KB · Views: 54
  • Goodyear.jpg
    Goodyear.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 53
Those are cool trucks, look good! That's more vehicles more than I have altogether but I'm getting there.
I've been selling some spare big slot cars to pay for little ones. :)

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I tried to do an actual 10-wheeler off a dump truck body, but I couldn’t get the paint to work on it. I cut the mud flaps off a semi weight and had it mid-mounted and it looked half decent. I just couldn’t get any paint to not fisheye or look like ass. Then I used spray silicone to try and strip the paint and it started to eat the plastic eventually so I just gave up.

Otherwise with the $50+ cost of most trucks I haven’t experimented much. Bad enough I scrapped about 20 slots because the gears cracked.

I tried to do an actual 10-wheeler off a dump truck body, but I couldn’t get the paint to work on it. I cut the mud flaps off a semi weight and had it mid-mounted and it looked half decent. I just couldn’t get any paint to not fisheye or look like ass. Then I used spray silicone to try and strip the paint and it started to eat the plastic eventually so I just gave up.

Otherwise with the $50+ cost of most trucks I haven’t experimented much. Bad enough I scrapped about 20 slots because the gears cracked.
Back in the day green dump trucks were cheap and plentiful. You could buy them for 10 bucks all day long. If you want to strip paint try super clean degreaser undiluted. Works for me.

Back in the day green dump trucks were cheap and plentiful. You could buy them for 10 bucks all day long. If you want to strip paint try super clean degreaser undiluted. Works for me.
The silicone worked good until about the 12th time. It started to remove details like the Pete logo on the hood.

I started collecting in 1998-ish the first time and stuff was pretty cheap. I remember getting a sealed 3228 for $350 and that was a WTF moment just spending that much. I remember I had like 6 sealed sets and none were over $120. Jump ahead 20 years and I paid $375 just for a sealed 3938…

If only I was old enough to actually be an adult when this stuff fell off a cliff in sales and they couldn’t give it away…

I never did really understand why this stuff sells for so much now. I have like $30K invested.. it’s not even that good of a toy, or slot car...

Another vehicle build. Tabasco trailer

Attachments

• 20240120_221340.jpg
    20240120_221340.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240120_221332.jpg
    20240120_221332.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread