Auto World Trailers modified for US-1 | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Auto World Trailers modified for US-1

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I have been messing with Auto World Trailers, altering them to run on US 1. These trailers are pretty cheap and new. And kinda Cool. So here is the first attempt at reconstruction. Still in progress. Trial and error as well.

Attachments

• 20231210_113934.jpg
    20231210_113934.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
  • 20231210_114016.jpg
    20231210_114016.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20231210_114334.jpg
    20231210_114334.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 20231210_114402.jpg
    20231210_114402.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
This is a really cool idea! thanks for sharing!
I did the modification to the Aurora/Auto World trailer. Here are the things I did. I glued the guide pins in place so they don't move. I replaced the axles, with some from the rear of a Tyco TCR chassis as the auto world ones were to short. They needed to be as wide as the original US 1 trailer and not as sloppy and to prevent roll over. I also drilled a new hole in the front for the fifth wheel pin. I used a polystyrene rod. I added a piece of flat polystyrene sheet behind the rod. This is also needed to prevent roll over. I purchased all the plastic from hobby lobby.

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I have been messing with Auto World Trailers, altering them to run on US 1. These trailers are pretty cheap and new. And kinda Cool. So here is the first attempt at reconstruction. Still in progress. Trial and error as well.
I was thinking if you could just switch the chassis out. It looks like a couple pins secure the box to the chassis. But I suppose at the same time that’s reducing the fleet of trailers that can haul a load.

suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I was thinking if you could just switch the chassis out. It looks like a couple pins secure the box to the chassis. But I suppose at the same time that’s reducing the fleet of trailers that can haul a load.
I was thinking about your comment, and I didn't want scrap anymore Tyco trailers. I think there are to many eBay sellers doing custom paint jobs on them already. That number of trailers has to be getting smaller.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I was thinking about your comment, and I didn't want scrap anymore Tyco trailers. I think there are to many eBay sellers doing custom paint jobs on them already. That number of trailers has to be getting smaller.

Honestly, I don’t think there would ever be a shortage of trailers. There are always sealed and loose trailers all day everyday. I have somewhere around 75 trailers myself, including one each MOC with both Exxon and Allied variants. Granted that the 3928-30 were only made for 2 years and the 3927 had 4 years. But there are so many PIE trailers floating around. Then there are the Roadways out of the 61 combos, and the Allied one. That one seller on eBay has been doing those custom setups for at least half a decade. I don’t really agree with what they are doing but it is what it is.

suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
Honestly, I don’t think there would ever be a shortage of trailers. There are always sealed and loose trailers all day everyday. I have somewhere around 75 trailers myself, including one each MOC with both Exxon and Allied variants. Granted that the 3928-30 were only made for 2 years and the 3927 had 4 years. But there are so many PIE trailers floating around. Then there are the Roadways out of the 61 combos, and the Allied one. That one seller on eBay has been doing those custom setups for at least half a decade. I don’t really agree with what they are doing but it is what it is.
All the custom trucks that I have made have been from my personal collection. And they had some kind of damage to them to start with. I didn't go out and buy them just to make a buck off of them.

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
All the custom trucks that I have made have been from my personal collection. And they had some kind of damage to them to start with. I didn't go out and buy them just to make a buck off of them.

I only modified one. Unfortunately I did strip about 20 because that white gear cracked. I could build the chassis all back, but it was disheartening having to do it, as well as the money lost. And it was to rebuild a more valuable truck. Also had quite a few with brown guide blades broken, or a shoe worn or broken.

I’m more of a purist collector anyway. I keep all my sets as original as possible, and rebuild with fresh unused, non-repaired parts. The amount of track I threw away because those little end points were broke off was ridiculous. I even had entire sets I dumped straight in the trash because they were just garbage. Nothing like spending $250+ on an eBay Midas Touched piece of garbage. That’s why I’m so cynical and talk trash about resellers and the price of this stuff. I’ve been burned more times than I can even remember. To the tune of thousand$$$!

suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I know what you mean about junk parts. I have had buyers remorse over a few purchases. I don't have a lot of perfect stuff because I run it. But I don't like broken stuff either.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
chrisjimm

chrisjimm

Nov 4, 2023
Visit site
I have the exxon trailers variants mint on card but I did not know that the Allied had variants.. Wish i could see the difference between them.

Users who are viewing this thread