Avoiding Scams when buying US1 Trucking- Facebook Paypal F&F | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Avoiding Scams when buying US1 Trucking- Facebook Paypal F&F

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I've noticed a US1 Trucking collector recently got scammed out of 250 bucks on Facebook. Facebook Groups are a joke and filled with scammers. I don't know why FB hasn't shut them down yet. The problem is that anyone with no skills can start a group and are usually totally clueless. I saw a blatantly obvious scam post today. The group thinks they are growing rapidly, but apparently, they never looked at the member list and saw the new people are scammers with fake profiles that say they went to the University of Indonesia, etc.

In our case, we monitor registrations for VPN's and other things to help cut back on spam registrations. Facebook doesn't care because they want to boast high numbers whether fake or real.

Here is an actual video capture of my interaction with the scammer and what to look for to spot a scammer.

biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
As of RN the scammer post is still up on the group in the video 14 hours after it was posted! PS We're not associated with the group, if I was, the post would have been removed this morning. No surprises people get scammed on facebook! Cesspool!

14-hours.jpg

Last edited:
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
They finally deleted that after I pointed it out, but they have another one with the same scam posted since March. SHM. All you have to do is look at the guys profile and it's blatantly obvious to me it is a fake facebook account. :)

This particular scammer is likely from Kaduna, a city in Nigeria.

anthony-queens.jpg

likes.jpg

nigeria-kaduna.jpg

Last edited:
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Stevie Wonder could see that's a scam. :LOL:
I left all Facebook groups a few weeks ago, that deal I had to eat with the trailers did it for me, I fixed them so no big loss. The Marketplace guarantee is totally worthless., even Paypal paying directly to Marketplace didn't back me up so be aware. The US-1 group was ridiculous, full of scammers and if a little knowledge is a dangerous thing their logo should be the Flashing Danger Track. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: biddle
G

GSRP

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Facebook is chock full of scammers. Reporting people and posts to Facebook is a pointless exercise, as the FB bot decides they are legit. Only buy off groups with good admins and people you absolutely trust. I'm on various HO slot groups and Triang groups-UK based-and know who the good guys are. Marketplace is fine if you can actually go and see the item-not a major problem in the UK as it's tny compared to the USA.

biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
The US-1 group was ridiculous, full of scammers and if a little knowledge is a dangerous thing their logo should be the Flashing Danger Track. :ROFLMAO:
The guy on there from the UK must have no life. He likes just about every post on there. So weird! They obviously saw my video/post because they made a new rule about posting items for sale last week the next day. LOL!!!! They thought they had an influx of new users to their group, mostly just fake accounts and scammers joining.

What's cool about owning your own server and forum is that I can reject all the VPN registrations and use other techniques that Facebook obviously intentionally ignores to boost their user numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread