Black Trans Am & Police car eBay 100 bucks | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Black Trans Am & Police car eBay 100 bucks

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I'm a sucker for brown gears, and the guides were in tact! Could not resist, I think it was a good buy, any thoughts?

Screenshot_20240120_065529_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240120_065601_eBay.jpg

PS going to clean those pickup shoes with the vinegar method! It works great!

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
I think you got a great deal! I don't know why on some of those police cars they didn't push the lights all the way down? I would fix that. And put metal guide pins in them.

II don't know why on some of those police cars they didn't push the lights all the way down? I would fix that.
I've not been able to get a definitive answer on this. At first I thought they were repairs, but I've talked to original owners that insist they are original owners and they came that way. I inquired about one on ebay last year and they guy said there was no way to push them in, but I have no idea if that was accurate.
And put metal guide pins in them.
No way! Those original unbroken brown guide pins are HTF. :-)

Yeah you said it "unbroken" They won't stay that way if you run them.

I prefer these first gen chassis. I’ve had IDK how many of them, and have never had an issue with the gears cracking.

I think the guide blades are more efficient through the turn outs. Think if it like an axe head. With the guide blade it’s easier to slip through that copper guide. In the case of the pins it’s like turning the head around. There is also more surface area to contact the strip in reverse. As well as the steel pins in contact with the copper, causing wear.

I've not been able to get a definitive answer on this. At first I thought they were repairs, but I've talked to original owners that insist they are original owners and they came that way. I inquired about one on ebay last year and they guy said there was no way to push them in, but I have no idea if that was accurate.

No way! Those original unbroken brown guide pins are HTF. :)

You got a smoking deal Mike… Although that 56 is fairly common in both US-1 and Tyco’s HP-7 line, it is an original issue, and my goodness the paint is beautiful..

I’ve seen the “snail” 53 quite a few times and wondered about that as well. Why Tyco did that is anyone’s guess. I wondered if the windshield piece has something to do with it.

E7EECA1E-BD76-4EFC-8DE7-29E353E78C94.jpeg

Looking at my example there is a large piece of “sprue” where the windshield was cut from the “tree”. The light pin was melted to secure it to the roof. I’d assume that was a cost cutting procedure to nix the melt so because if the pin protruding the windshield insert can’t be put in. Viola! Answer found…

Tyco Engineer: “Sir, we have an issue with the 53, the light pin won’t allow the windshield to be installed.. We already cut cost by not heat welding the parts.”

Tyco Executive: “Johnson, I pay you $35,000 a year to fix these things, just DO IT! And cut another $0.25 from the production cost for bothering me!”

And here we see the “snail” in its conception. Not installing the light all the way reduced the press cost of $0.20 per car. When it wouldn’t have cost anything to just shift the cutting jig 1/16” to the left on the windshield insert.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
490F2686-CF27-4D7D-A883-422A393DE104.jpeg

Beautiful…

I have the tow car chassis under it, hence the lack of a motor…

• Wow
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
The Chrome One looks good on the tow car Chassis too!

View attachment 603

Awesome! I didn’t know they made a chrome body! All I’m thinking is having that red Fire Chicken on that black paint.. That would be phenomenal!

As a side note, I always wish they had done a black dump truck body. We got a black dump bed via the DOH 37, a black Pete via the black/gold 39, and the Kenworth 09.. Only if the blue/yellow dump was black/yellow..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread