Can I get a refund on Ebay purchase- 3455 Auto Loader | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Can I get a refund on Ebay purchase- 3455 Auto Loader

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Popped open a sealed 3455 Auto Loader, and this is what was inside.

No way to really know the condition, but of course the eBay sellers still ask the most ridiculous prices. What if you paid $50, $75, $125 for this garbage? Luckily I had another building part so it wasn’t a total loss.

I popped a sealed 3436, 3452, 3455, 3456, 3461, and 3465, used one of my 3440-3’s, plus opened 3 3705’s to make a 48 T 28015 Wards Super Fire Alert catalog set.

Anyone have ideas on how to make a set content sheet for it?
F1CB73B2-FE90-483B-8626-1AB2F7E5317B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic parts could have been damaged during shipping by bouncing around inside. It's brutal going through the sorting stations at USPS and other carriers. May be able to do an insurance claim if it was insured.
I guess that glossy exterior hid the inside's exposure to moisture, however, I suspect you could probably smell this one and tell something was wrong.

Was it this listing- https://ebay.us/ASKUKA

The photos on that are terrible and why are they so small? I always avoid sellers who post crappy photos. There really is no reason to have photos taken that far away from the product and such a small resolution.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

PS here is a photo from one of my recent eBay listings. Look at the difference! I'm not trying to hide anything though.

photo3.jpg

Plastic parts could have been damaged during shipping by bouncing around inside. It's brutal going through the sorting stations at USPS and other carriers. May be able to do an insurance claim if it was insured.
I guess that glossy exterior hid the inside's exposure to moisture, however, I suspect you could probably smell this one and tell something was wrong.
I bought this a long time ago, it was a joke about the refund. Just used that for a catchy title. It was sealed so no way of really knowing the condition. And yeah, this stuff is four decades old.

It bothers me more how this stuff gets the Midas Touch, when it’s not worth no where near what it sells for. I felt so.. angry.. for lack of a better word, having to pay $150, $200, $250 for a set that after I got it I threw most of it away due to broken or damaged parts. And asking the seller to reduce their price to get ignored or that they were being low balled. And even worse is they have absolutely no clue about what they are selling other than completed/sold listings.

This isn’t the first sealed item I opened that had damage. Even trucks out of a sealed card had the cracked gear and wouldn’t run. I have no less than 20 slots I stripped because of the gear crack.

Between garbage sets and cracked gears, I’ve probably wasted $2,500 to $3,000+ on this stuff. I literally threw away probably 300-350 track pieces, and IDK how many accessories.

I’m not into gluing and trying to repair it, none of it is rare so to the dump it goes. I’ve seen consistently 650+ auctions every day for years.

Not to mention the unknown number of sealed items I opened to fix my sets. That S3302 I got is a perfect example. They wanted $175, I offered $100, and settled on $150, then put another $250+ in it to replace everything in it.

Of the 25-30 sets I bought, I’d say less than 5 were actually mint or near mint, and 100% complete with nothing broken/missing, and most of those were the catalog sets I have. One of the last sets I bought was a S3311, and after getting it I threw the whole thing in the trash, at a cost/loss of $250..

This isn’t the first sealed item I opened that had damage. Even trucks out of a sealed card had the cracked gear and wouldn’t run. I have no less than 20 slots I stripped because of the gear crack.
Ive heard this a lot, what this interesting, all my original trucks from when I was a teenager all ran fine and to date, I've still not had any with a cracked worm gear, etc.

Sounds like I was luckier than I knew on the two sets I bought recently for 399 bucks!

Ive heard this a lot, what this interesting, all my original trucks from when I was a teenager all ran fine and to date, I've still not had any with a cracked worm gear, etc.
Just off the top of my head I had a 3957 Jeep MOC, the Wrecker from a sealed 3444, a MOC 3905 with cracked gears. As far as loose ones from sets or whatever, at least 15 or more. I’ve never had it happen with the brown gears. I guess when you buy over 100 US-1 cars it happens..

You can tell by side jacking the truck to run in place and you can hear it click. Sometimes you can even feel it in the track. When it gets too bad it locks the motor. You have to rock the axle back and forth and you can feel it unlock.
Sounds like I was luckier than I knew on the two sets I bought recently for 399 bucks!
Did you see the 6 set auction up this morning? It’s starting at $800. Can’t remember all the sets but there is a 3226, 3209, and a 3225 I think. Three have boxes and three don’t. There are three Garages, a 3444, and just a whole slew of stuff. Didn’t see too many trucks but seemed to be at least 3 or 4, and a few trailers… If I wasn’t downsizing I’d probably hit on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Popped open a sealed 3455 Auto Loader, and this is what was inside.

No way to really know the condition, but of course the eBay sellers still ask the most ridiculous prices. What if you paid $50, $75, $125 for this garbage? Luckily I had another building part so it wasn’t a total loss.

I popped a sealed 3436, 3452, 3455, 3456, 3461, and 3465, used one of my 3440-3’s, plus opened 3 3705’s to make a 48 T 28015 Wards Super Fire Alert catalog set.

Anyone have ideas on how to make a set content sheet for it?
I'm scared to open mine now. Lol I can see now where water could get inside the wrap. There are a couple of holes in it.
20230915_170742.jpg
20230915_170747.jpg

I'm scared to open mine now. Lol I can see now where water could get inside the wrap. There are a couple of holes in it.
Yeah, those holes are on every box. I think it was either to act like a vent, or as a way to open the wrap. LOL

I have a 3467 sealed and there is some kind of roach or cricket that got in. I shudder every time I look at that box, LOL..

In reality I’ve only had a few things broken from sealed items. A 3415 had the drivers head snapped off. That was a huge thing for a while when buying used 3414, 3415, or 3470’s. Coming from a sealed item was really disheartening. I had a 3450 with the slide part broken, a couple 3455’s damaged one way or another.

The thing I hated the most about the one I posted was the sign that was broken. You only get the revamped signs new from the 3455 and 3465. So unless you buy a set with them, or a listing sign specific, they are hard to replace. Luckily the Super Fire Alert I made only needed 7 signs so I was good.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle

Users who are viewing this thread