Dual Power Terminal Track | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Dual Power Terminal Track

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I got tired of the power drop when running two trucks so I fixed it. I separated the power on one side in the controller and cut the terminal receptacle out of a dual controller track piece added it to the terminal track. The upper far right or left is the only place it will fit easily and it is tight. Wired it up, cut a notch in the side of the controller case and all set, it even works. I could of cut off the plug and directly wired it in but that power pack would go kaput the next day with my luck, looks more factory⁹ too.:)
20231121_201124.jpg
20231121_201023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I got a modern power supply based upon a tip from a die-hard US1 enthusiast a year ago, and that fully resolved my power issues. I also believe that if the track is properly cleaned and serviced along with the trucks, they should still run on low power instead of juicing the track.

You can find new/used ones on eBay- https://ebay.us/DRdVgK and sometimes on Amazon- https://amzn.to/3AT1jbs

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: fortheimperium
Petvet

Petvet

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Sticking with the Tyco theme, I use the train set Tyco transformer. Set the throttle up all the way and I get good power (also with some drop downs) all the way around about 30 feet of track.
Tyco train transformers.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: fortheimperium
Jack.Oh

Jack.Oh

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
I use a 9V 5 amp power supply, I found that the cars just need a little more amps. And I just use the female spade connectors in the correct size.
1700691916432.png
1700692061109.png

That way I get plenty of power and did not have to modify the original power supply.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I have a large power supply with dials and meters and knobs I use for my tire truer that will power any US-1 track waiting in the wings. I just have to convince my wife that the washer and dryer are useless so I can make room for one. :) I have a big Carrera digital track and it needs lots of power taps and stuff with all the digital lane changers, tend to not let juice flow through them well, power taps are the solution like most long tracks. The track lighting construction and wiring is the fun stuff. nothing easier than US-! track lights though. :LOL: I did this controller for my grandkids so they don't moan and groan when the trucks slow down, almost got a set together for them for X-mas. I'm giving it to their mother who loved US-1 trucking as a kid and she can use it for leverage. I would have done anything for my Mom if she would have let me play with her US-1 Trucking set. :D

101.a.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I found that the cars just need a little more amps.
Once all the carpet and hair is cleaned out of the worm gear and all the contacts are good, they should still run good on the 6.9v factory pack. The key is making sure everything is cleaned out under the rear weight and the voltage is an added bonus as seen in my video above.

F

fortheimperium

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
I got a modern power supply based upon a tip from a die-hard US1 enthusiast a year ago, and that fully resolved my power issues. I also believe that if the track is properly cleaned and serviced along with the trucks, they should still run on low power instead of juicing the track.

You can find new/used ones on eBay- https://ebay.us/DRdVgK and sometimes on Amazon- https://amzn.to/3AT1jbs

I lived in Australia firca while so had to deal with having a 220/110 volt transformer, and had a higher voltage running through the track. The trucks ran fine but the flashing light on my fire truck burned out from the higher voltage.
You might want to be careful when running higher voltage when using any trucks with lights.

F

fortheimperium

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Sticking with the Tyco theme, I use the train set Tyco transformer. Set the throttle up all the way and I get good power (also with some drop downs) all the way around about 30 feet of track.
View attachment 302
I have done the same thing but have to be careful because I burned out the light on my fire truck. I bought huge lots of old Tyco train track on eBay, and instead of ditching the transformers, I used them for my electric trucking and old Aurora track. They hum really loud and probably suck up more juice than the newer stuff, but it beats forking out money for new power supplies

Users who are viewing this thread