Favorite items? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Favorite items?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Just curious what everyone’s favorite items are?

For me:

I think the yellow/gray Stomper Blazer is my favorite truck overall. Next would be the R/W/Y COE. Then the DOH red/black dump.

My favorite change to a set was putting the 3939 black/gold Pete in my 3213 Wrecker set, and switching the white ‘Bird for the black one.

My fav trailer is the “corporate logo” Exxon.

It’s a hard decision but if I had to just have one set, I think I’d go with my 3235 Road & Rail set.

And my favorite accessory is the 3410 crane pipe loader.

And, my least fav trucks are the B/Y dump and blue COE. Accessory is the 3416 log loader. Least fav set is actually the 3213 Wrecker set because it co$$$t so much for so little.

I don't have a lot, no sets, have an empty Fire Alert box. I gave the set to my daughter for Christmas and she would of pitched the box for sure.

My favorite semi of the few I have is the orange and yellow Peterbilt with lights, It had the black fake light piece and I switched it for a clear one and soldered in a new bulb to light it. It looks good with the gravel trailer. I like the look of the red and white Peterbilt with the Coke tanker trailer too.

I like the crane pipe loader the best too, my son-in-law stood there dumbfounded with his mouth open the first time he saw it working on Christmas. The federal fugitive apprehension task force swat cop acts like a little kid playing with his wife's US-1 set, and al the time.

I would take the Stomper set. I actually collected those things for a bit back in the 90's, sold them all too, kept one, you think US-1 Stompers are expensive now? I've never even seen a US-1 Stomper in the flesh, maybe I can get one when I grow but I don't think that is ever going to happen at this point in time, I sure hope not. :D

I have a white and brown lighted dump truck that was in with a bunch of stuff I bought locally, I like it, it's not green. My least favorite accessory is the elevated log loader, it scuffs the trucks when they go by. I have it moved back a little so it doesn't do it for now. I saw a guy used a turnout up high and put it there so you just back into it to load the logs, good idea.
The mix of trains and slot cars is always concerning, would have to have an automatic crossing to stop the trucks at the crossing or it would be an accident waiting to happen PITA. I saw a few methods online, no big deal but involves switches and wiring and that is anti US-1 truck powered philosophy. I'd have to try the jump a car through through open box car doors when the train is moving stunt for sure. :D

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Since I live in "Big Orange Country" I like the Smith's Tire Truck!

VOLS.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Since I live in "Big Orange Country" I like the Smith's Tire Truck!

View attachment 474
That would be " Omaha Orange" country, closest thing I've whittled down that color to. It is a lot like the General Lee's red-orange, just about every major car company used it, it changes from red-orange to orange or almost red depending on the light conditions, no metallic. I'm up to no good in the purists eyes, I just did a bunch of base coated Omaha orange and pure black plastic spoons for color match and 2k urethane clearcoat decal reaction testing. :ROFLMAO:

My favorite dump truck is the red and black Dept. of Highways. My favorite accessories are the crane pipe loader and the Exxon garage.
My favorite set is the Fire Alert Set. I got this one for Christmas in 1983, so I am fond of it. My least fav is the Elevated log loader and squeeze track. I always wanted a coast to coast set.

My favorite accessory is the 3410 crane pipe loader. It has simple mechanics and never fails to perform for me. As for trucks anything that has lights. Still want a shiny chrome tanker.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
My personal favorites are the fire station and/or the garage switch tracks. It's a lot of fun being able to back in one vehicle, and tear off around the track with another.

My least favorite item is probably the trailer terminals. It always seems to be a major ordeal loading a new trailer on to a truck. They unload fine, but the pawl in the spring mechanism always catches and doesn't engage fully, so the plunger won't extend to push the trailer out. We always have to ram it in reverse at full-speed several times before they'll load, and it frustrates the children to no end. Is there any known modification that can be made to make it operate more smoothly? Any surfaces in the mechanism that can be filed down, perhaps?

That said, hi all. I just recently discovered US1, and immediately had to start a small (for now) collection. Still in the process of acquiring bits and bobs for my setup. I tend to go for more distressed examples, as I've done a bit of vintage toy restoration for my kids and I'm a sucker for a low price tag.

I got one from Ebay earlier this week that was all messed up from someone else's past attempts at adjustments. Luckily, they quit while they were ahead and the wire wasn't too chewed up or embrittled so I was able to get it working alright after a bit of frustration. Just as well, I'm a big fan of the crane and so are the kids.

My personal favorites are the fire station and/or the garage switch tracks. It's a lot of fun being able to back in one vehicle, and tear off around the track with another.

My least favorite item is probably the trailer terminals. It always seems to be a major ordeal loading a new trailer on to a truck. They unload fine, but the pawl in the spring mechanism always catches and doesn't engage fully, so the plunger won't extend to push the trailer out. We always have to ram it in reverse at full-speed several times before they'll load, and it frustrates the children to no end. Is there any known modification that can be made to make it operate more smoothly? Any surfaces in the mechanism that can be filed down, perhaps?

That said, hi all. I just recently discovered US1, and immediately had to start a small (for now) collection. Still in the process of acquiring bits and bobs for my setup. I tend to go for more distressed examples, as I've done a bit of vintage toy restoration for my kids and I'm a sucker for a low price tag.
This may help.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Petvet and SimpleB

Users who are viewing this thread