G.I. Joe Switchable turnouts | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

G.I. Joe Switchable turnouts

• Thread starter Thread starter NoLegs
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

NoLegs

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
I've seen the switchable turnouts on the G.I. Joe sets, but am not sure what they are for? Is it because there is a criss cross track in the layout?

What do you mean by switchable?
It's got a slide switch that changes from the straight track to the turnout
Screenshot_20230907-150433.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The best I can tell, it makes it a “secret hideout” because you can’t back into the cave unless the switch is moved. Maybe the switch moves an invisible rock or something… Imagination is key.

I also thought that it enables the trucks to run the same direction, that way they can “chase” each other. Otherwise it would just drive into the turnout.

The cross overs only affect the left upper corner so those have no impact.

As I said in other posts, the 3208-1/-2 shows these turn-outs on the content sheet. A -2 came up for sale a while back and I asked the seller about this.

They didn’t really know or understand US-1 and sold the set with normal turn-outs. It seems they had a bunch of stuff they were selling and the best I remember they found three of the 3030’s later.

I didn’t get solid proof, but I’m at least 50% sure that set had 3030’s in it, and not the 3016’s. What the hell was Tyco thinking, lmao…

Where did you get these .PDF (?) content sheet files from? Something you made? What all sets do you have them for?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread