Highway Signs 3763 Variations | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Highway Signs 3763 Variations

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
This shows the variations in the Highway Signs 3763. The 1985 signs in the Motor City and Highway Wrecker Sets have different bases.

20231008_160322.jpg

The later signs were created out of necessity. Because earlier signs were not tall enough for the fire truck or wrecker. Also would not clip on elevated track surfaces.

Yeah, the auto transport trailer wouldn't clear those old style signs with cars on it so they had to make them higher, the clip on base was an added bonus. The cars will hit the track above them on the sets with an overpass unless you set those pier supports just right, they don't give you enough of them and the tall ones aren't high enough but they locked the height in in with the elevated log loader and gravel deal I could never figure why a lot of the transport cars have stress marks on their roof piilars but they aren't squashed like somebody stepped on them, bridge strikes, I've done it. I saw a real transporter that did that on a railroad bridge, brand new '66 mustangs all squashed. :cool:

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Yep, in 1983 when the Auto Loader and Unloader came out, the trailer with the cars on it wouldn’t go under the older 3024’s. The 3763 bulk pack stopped retail sale. The only way to get the newer signs was buying a 3455/3465 which came with 4 of the new style, or a set with these accessories.

I wasn’t sure if something like the 3235 came with the old signs, or the new ones though. Of course anything with a 55/65 will have the newer design. I just hadn’t checked if sets like the 3204 or 3208 have them. I’m pretty sure the 3214 has the old style.

Users who are viewing this thread