I’m completely consumed with US1 | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

I’m completely consumed with US1

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R

reardonrukus

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
I discovered US1 a week ago and it’s all I can think about. I’ve watched every video and read your threads. I want it all but I don’t feel like it’s worth bidding against you guys on eBay.

I’m looking for all items. I have no interest in boxed set. I hate storing boxes. I plan on building a portable deal like

I’ve watched this video over a hundred times this week. I would love to buy the stuff you don’t want. I’ll gladly return the favor if I ever find a sealed item.

Can’t wait to get started. Thanks Dan

suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I discovered US1 a week ago and it’s all I can think about. I’ve watched every video and read your threads. I want it all but I don’t feel like it’s worth bidding against you guys on eBay.

I’m looking for all items. I have no interest in boxed set. I hate storing boxes. I plan on building a portable deal like

I’ve watched this video over a hundred times this week. I would love to buy the stuff you don’t want. I’ll gladly return the favor if I ever find a sealed item.

Can’t wait to get started. Thanks Dan
There are a lot of items listed on eBay that are reasonable, So you could get a nice start.

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Ebay buy-it-now good deals are your best bet, have to watch it closely.
That's portable? Portable to me would be a set-up in the the back of my '92 Olds Custom Cruiser station wagon, it would fit with room to spare and be fully loaded.

I don't have anything I don't want, if I did I wouldn't have it. :)

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: reardonrukus
Petvet

Petvet

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
No problem staring with a few items and an oval the growing from there. Half the fun for me is planning the layout.

R

reardonrukus

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
No problem staring with a few items and an oval the growing from there. Half the fun for me is planning the layout
I haven’t put together yet. Just arrived and looks perfect.
IMG_2212.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: gregarnone
Petvet

Petvet

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Excellent start. I got my start as an adult (I missed the US1 products because I was busy in college) when I went to a train show swap meet. There is one nearly every month in a suburb of Chicago, in case you are ever in the area. There were mint in box accessories that I bought for $20 each for about 8 of them. I was never really into slot cars, but US1 was different, and like you I became obsessed with it. I look forward nto hearing about your next addition.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: reardonrukus
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I used a finish nail and a little epoxy seems to open and close.
I've never seen a dump body with that tab on the bottom, probably to keep the door from swinging in? Must be early, is the body painted?, look underneath and you'll see overspray on a whitish color body. The early beds had a gate that just swung on pins in round holes on the top of the bed. The later trucks had oblong holes on the bed gate hinge and a tab on the bottom of the gate that fit in a hole on the bed. When you back up to dump the gate slides up from inertia and lets the gate open. That tab keeps it closed when you're running, otherwise the pipe or logs fall out sometimes, reason they changed it. Those green bodies are really common, less so for the painted ones, shouldn't be a problem getting a body or pieces-parts if you want.

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Next is broken gear
You need to replace the gear set with a new one, takes me about three minutes, longer if you have to clean all the hair and junk out of the axles and motor shaft. Get the dark colored ones on ebay, Pocono Plastics is the seller. . The 3D printed Shapeways translucent white ones are garbage, I have a bunch in my graveyard bin that have no teeth or are now concave shaped and big chips out of the worm gear, lasted from ten minutes to a month at the most and not ran hard at all. You get what you pay for.
I don't buy any vehicles with the later white gears anymore, spent too much replacing cracked ones and they almost always have at least one cracked or going to soon. I like the original version bulletproof brown ones, I buy the old junky looking dump trucks and semis with those good chassis for my good bodies, the original brown blade guides are way quieter than the pins too.

R

reardonrukus

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
You need to replace the gear set with a new one, takes me about three minutes, longer if you have to clean all the hair and junk out of the axles and motor shaft. Get the dark colored ones on ebay, Pocono Plastics is the seller. . The 3D printed Shapeways translucent white ones are garbage, I have a bunch in my graveyard bin that have no teeth or are now concave shaped and big chips out of the worm gear, lasted from ten minutes to a month at the most and not ran hard at all. You get what you pay for.
I don't buy any vehicles with the later white gears anymore, spent too much replacing cracked ones and they almost always have at least one cracked or going to soon. I like the original version bulletproof brown ones, I buy the old junky looking dump trucks and semis with those good chassis for my good bodies, the original brown blade guides are way quieter than the pins too.
Ordered off of eBay. I tried to 3d print. Didn’t go well. Thank you

biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I bought some of these from shapeways also. I had mixed results, Some would not stay centered on the axle, I had to glue them. Some did not mesh well, I had to mix and match some to get them moving. But over all the price was right. I think for the long term I would buy junk chassis with brown gears for my most prized trucks instead.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle

Users who are viewing this thread