ISO Stomper Garage | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

ISO Stomper Garage

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Why hasn't anybody repo'd that garage? I was checking out your excellent You Tube episode on them Tyco Trucking, kudos. The garage looks like something out of a Li'l Abner comic strip or a house the Big Bad Wolf would blow over. The windows and door look susperiously like the phone booth stickers. The included gravel dump track is for the truck to back into the garage on I assume? I could have my daughter have her day care pre-school class make up counterfeits to sell, put the little beggars to work, the parents don't have to know. I'll even provide the cardboard, kid scissors, crayons , steel toed shoes, and safety goggles. In China they can assemble iPhones blindfolded before they can walk.🤣

1_5af13899e89718324499521ceab076ce.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Why hasn't anybody repo'd that garage? I was checking out your excellent You Tube episode on them Tyco Trucking, kudos. The garage looks like something out of a Li'l Abner comic strip or a house the Big Bad Wolf would blow over. The windows and door look susperiously like the phone booth stickers. The included gravel dump track is for the truck to back into the garage on I assume? I could have my daughter have her day care pre-school class make up counterfeits to sell, put the little beggars to work, the parents don't have to know. I'll even provide the cardboard, kid scissors, crayons , steel toed shoes, and safety goggles. In China they can assemble iPhones blindfolded before they can walk.🤣

View attachment 472

Do you own that garage in the pic you included? I am so jelly.. I didn’t even know if it was cardboard for a long time because these Stomper sets are so far and few between. Hell, I’ve only seen 3 on eBay since 2017.

Honestly, this was Tyco’s last gasp in it’s US-1 death throes. Why they made it out of cardboard is anyone’s guess. I guess because of the mid-80’s love affair with fold-up cardboard stuff. And their penchant for increasing profits.

Yeah, it uses the gravel dump track as a means to pull in. Or back in. Kind of like the Cobra base in the GI Joe set.

I’m all in on the pre-school labor force. Hell, these kids now would be 3D printing the tools off their iPhones to make the dies and presses to prefab these better than the kids in H.K. did even with Tyco’s engineering and machine prowess. I think at $9.99 each we could make a killing…

Last edited by a moderator:
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Do you own that garage in the pic you included? I am so jelly.. I didn’t even know if it was cardboard for a long time because these Stomper sets are so far and few between. Hell, I’ve only seen 3 on eBay since 2017.

Honestly, this was Tyco’s last gasp in it’s US-1 death throes. Why they made it out of cardboard is anyone’s guess. I guess because of the mid-80’s love affair with fold-up cardboard stuff. And their penchant for increasing profits.

Yeah, it uses the gravel dump track as a means to pull in. Or back in. Kind of like the Cobra base in the GI Joe set.

I’m all in on the pre-school labor force. Hell, these kids now would be 3D printing the tools off their iPhones to make the dies and presses to prefab these better than the kids in H.K. did even with Tyco’s engineering and machine prowess. I think at $9.99 each we could make a killing…
I swiped that pic from the completed auction site,. I wish it was mine. A Stomper set was just listed on ebay!, now's your opportunity to get that thing guys.
I promise not to snipe it at the last second, I 'm a good sport, I would do it two seconds before the end to give you a fighting chance. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I swiped that pic from the completed auction site,. I wish it was mine. A Stomper set was just listed on ebay!, now's your opportunity to get that thing guys. I promise not to snipe it at the last second, I 'm a good sport, I would do it two seconds before the end to give you a fighting chance. : )

Man, that’s the only one I ever seen that nice and complete. I’m betting that’s going to end somewhere around $1,500 to $2,000. Not only are the US-1 collectors interested, but like you said, the original Stomper collectors may be in on it too.. I’d love to try and get it, but I’m not ready to drop a $1,500 bid last second to try and win it. I don’t need it that bad..

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I would have to figure out how to make a doghouse out of that box if I got it. Because my wife would throw me out of the house and that's what I'd be living in out in the backyard.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I would have to figure out how to make a doghouse out of that box if I got it. Because my wife would throw me out of the house and that's what I'd be living in out in the backyard.:ROFLMAO:
Just for kicks I showed her that auction and all I got was the evil eye look and no verbal response. I didn't even do anything and I'm in trouble already. 😐 😀

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Just for kicks I showed her that auction and all I got was the evil eye look and no verbal response. I didn't even do anything and I'm in trouble already. 😐 😀

They know.. if we are showing them, that means we want it. A non-verbal baser instinct showing future possible ownership, no matter the cost.

As far as being in the dog house, it only works that one way, toward us. If it was a kitchen/bath remodel for $12,000, you’d be in the ‘house for not accepting.

My philosophy is ‘It’s better to ask forgiveness, as permission..’

biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Man, that’s the only one I ever seen that nice and complete.
There have been at least two sell that were new.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site

IDK what that worthpoint is, but maybe I need to find out, lol.. I was referencing eBay cause that’s really the only sure fire way I’ve been able to consistently buy this stuff, since 1998. These sets hardly ever show up, and the couple than have weren’t complete. Even the trucks seldom post and usually it’s in groups of three or four when they do, and it’s 90% of the time the yellow truck and white blazer. The last green one I remember was the one I bought a year to a year and a half ago, and a yellow blazer or two has popped up in the last couple years.

I’m sure there are a lot of items out there that are just waiting to be found and sold. They packed these sets up typically six to a case, and at some point someone bought up all this stuff when Tyco went under. Even after 40 years the sheer amount of sealed items is crazy.

AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site

That's the completed auction price site I got the pic of the garage from,. unless you pay for a sbscrption you can't see the prices there. Any Idea of how much the sets sold for and when? This set is worth at least the 600 bucks starting bid if the trucks sell for 300- 350, if that is sort of normal, I have no idea. I would keep it in it's own room with an altar and worship it the way the humanoid mutants did the ICBM in Planet of the Apes. Find that pesky lost Ark of the Covenant to keep it in, have a few Bigfoots armed with AK-47's to guard it. 😎 The set really isn't much fun, watch the plane go around, back into a garage, and smash into barrels and each other on those crossovers. They don't 4x4 over things too good either I bet? :ROFLMAO:

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: suprb6970
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
That's the completed auction price site I got the pic of the garage from,. unless you pay for a sbscrption you can't see the prices there. Any Idea of how much the sets sold for and when? This set is worth at least the 600 bucks starting bid if the trucks sell for 300- 350, if that is sort of normal, I have no idea. I would keep it in it's own room with an altar and worship it the way the humanoid mutants did the ICBM in Planet of the Apes. Find that pesky lost Ark of the Covenant to keep it in, have a few Bigfoots armed with AK-47's to guard it. 😎 The set really isn't much fun, watch the plane go around, back into a garage, and smash into barrels and each other on those crossovers. They don't 4x4 over things too good either I bet? :ROFLMAO:

The 3211 Stomper set most likely sold for $55 in 1985. Maybe $49.99.. I don’t have the actual price, but comparing it across other sets that seems plausible. That’s equivalent to about $156 today at $55 back then. Min wage was about $1.20/hr if I remember what Pop said correctly.

I think it is going to end just south of $2,000 maybe. I eagerly await the final 30 sec of the auction lol..

I agree about the set not being very fun. That airport is a pretty lame accessory, but it was some voodoo black magic back then.

There was a subtle mis-representation of the “action” on most of these post-83 sets. They touted the 3228 Cross Country as the “biggest set of them all” (get dark LOTR vibes just typing that) with I believe 11 features, but in reality it only had 7. The Stomper set they advertised with 7, but, it had what, 1-1/2? Does backing into a shack actually count as an action adventure? Number 5 is driving over a bridge… LMAO.. But, hold on to your hat, cause it’s named “Devil’s Canyon!”

So yeah, if I was actually to buy this, I think I’d make a Lexan box it would fit perfectly into, with 3/64” clearance all around. The top flap at an eye appealing 62.5 degree angle for the perfect viewing tilt, and pour clear epoxy resin over it, encasing it for all eternity in a 450 pound block of last forever.

Imagine buying it, and for some reason it shipped Fed-Ex, and the driver for some reason ended up backing the truck over it. Or, they just yeet it from the side walk to the porch like a 1950’s paper boy sidelining as a frisbee chucking champion.. oh, the HUMANITY!!!

• Haha
Reactions: AMH1955
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I want a wayback machine. 😃 The garage is assembled wrong, the front overhang is tucked into the building, that really concerns me being a major part of the set. Lots of creases and bends, almost looks played with.? I would only buy one of these sealed or mint opened and complete unplayed with. That garage would bother me to no end at any price, let alone at what it is going to go for, I would never buy it in a million years unless I found it at a garage sale cheap, it happens. I could build a full size Stomper garage cheaper, the thing is a real dump so it couldn't be too expensive and I'm a carpenter so free labor., could hire an Amish helper so it will look really screwed up. :ROFLMAO:

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site

I must have missed the 2021 one while taking a break.

Regardless, this set hardly appears, and the one up currently is very nice. And when it sells it will probably be around 2028 if/when it surfaces again. That’s the best part about this set is it leaves no room for resellers. No one is going to pay $2,500 for these sets no matter the condition, and they sell for amounts only the die-hardest of collectors will pay for them.

suprb6970

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
The 3211 Stomper set most likely sold for $55 in 1985. Maybe $49.99.. I don’t have the actual price, but comparing it across other sets that seems plausible. That’s equivalent to about $156 today at $55 back then. Min wage was about $1.20/hr if I remember what Pop said correctly.

I think it is going to end just south of $2,000 maybe. I eagerly await the final 30 sec of the auction lol..

I agree about the set not being very fun. That airport is a pretty lame accessory, but it was some voodoo black magic back then.

There was a subtle mis-representation of the “action” on most of these post-83 sets. They touted the 3228 Cross Country as the “biggest set of them all” (get dark LOTR vibes just typing that) with I believe 11 features, but in reality it only had 7. The Stomper set they advertised with 7, but, it had what, 1-1/2? Does backing into a shack actually count as an action adventure? Number 5 is driving over a bridge… LMAO.. But, hold on to your hat, cause it’s named “Devil’s Canyon!”

So yeah, if I was actually to buy this, I think I’d make a Lexan box it would fit perfectly into, with 3/64” clearance all around. The top flap at an eye appealing 62.5 degree angle for the perfect viewing tilt, and pour clear epoxy resin over it, encasing it for all eternity in a 450 pound block of last forever.

Imagine buying it, and for some reason it shipped Fed-Ex, and the driver for some reason ended up backing the truck over it. Or, they just yeet it from the side walk to the porch like a 1950’s paper boy sidelining as a frisbee chucking champion.. oh, the HUMANITY!!!
Even worse porch pirates.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking

Users who are viewing this thread