ISO Tyco US1 Trucking Road & Rail Contents sheet. | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

ISO Tyco US1 Trucking Road & Rail Contents sheet.

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Guy
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
3235 US-1 Road & Rail Instructions.jpg

Thank you very much.... Was it only one sided?
Yes there is only one side to it. The train set had its own instructions, 91-8-332, similar to the trucking set one 95-8-001 for 1981, 95-8-042/A or 95-8-064 for 1982, 95-8-069 for 1983, 95-8-094 for 1984, and I don’t have a 1985 Assembly instruction paper.

Also be aware this is the 1981 set assembly sheet, 95-8-010, showing the separate controllers with switch 3010. The set I have has the center off controls with no switch and contained a sheet saying it contains the improved controller and train power supply, sheet 93-8-568.

If you have a 1982 or later set, the sheet will be 95-8-010 A and will show the 3025 joined terminal.

These sets are so rare to find I’ve only seen three in all the years I’ve been buying on eBay. The latest one was sealed, and the previous set was pretty much garbage. I got mine in 2016 or 2017 so the info I have is based off what I’ve seen with other sets where the 3010 was changed to a 3025 and the content sheet was modified and contains an “A”.

I'm not sure what year it is... It has one Tyco US1 controllers. So Im assuming its after 81' I don't have the original box or instructions. My dad made it into a layout when I was a kid. And after I moved out he disassemble and packed it all up. According to my dad, the set came in a white box and was printed Tyco on it. So according to him it never came in a colorful art box like so many do.
I was hoping the instruction sheet would complete this set. But after hearing all the above info, im not sure.....

I set it up and compared it to others on the web. And It looked the same. However, I saw a few examples where the track rail was gold vs. Silver.
And according to your instruction sheet its complete. Would you have the instruction sheet with just the one double controller shown?

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I'm not sure what year it is... It has one Tyco US1 controllers. So Im assuming its after 81' I don't have the original box or instructions. My dad made it into a layout when I was a kid. And after I moved out he disassemble and packed it all up. According to my dad, the set came in a white box and was printed Tyco on it. So according to him it never came in a colorful art box like so many do.
I was hoping the instruction sheet would complete this set. But after hearing all the above info, im not sure.....

I set it up and compared it to others on the web. And It looked the same. However, I saw a few examples where the track rail was gold vs. Silver.
And according to your instruction sheet its complete. Would you have the instruction sheet with just the one double controller shown?
That’s pretty exciting. So what you have is an actual catalog 3235. It was sold through J.C. Penny in 1981. JCP was the only catalog to sell a Road & Rail, and only in 1981. It’s number would be XU 926-9614 A, and AFAIK it would be P3235Q for the set number.

Given that, the content sheet shown would be correct for your set, as a 95-8-010. To get all the correct paperwork you want a 91-8-332 train set assembly instruction sheet, 95-8-001 US-1 assembly sheet, 95-8-002 catalog page, a 3420 accessory instruction sheet, but it will not have a code on it, later instructions have a code 95-8-015, but none of the 1981 sheets have codes. The same goes for the 3440, and none of the 8 sheets I have have a code on it.
There would be no rebate sheet in the set.

It’s interesting you have the center off terminal track 3010, but the old style train power pack, so the 93-8-568 notice for improved controller sheet doesn’t apply. And like the 3302 I got there are no lines on the track even though it is a 1981 set.

This set sold for $74.99 in 1981, which is $257.90 in today’s money. This set is the only one sold from 1981-1985 through the entire lifespan of US-1.

I would have loved to see the original box and content sheet, as the content sheet may have been a 95-8-003, 95-8-004, or 95-8-012 as those are the three I have no data for, and seeing if it was a 3235 or a 33## set. But just know that as a catalog set it is extremely extremely extreeeeeemly rare, and although you only have your Pop’s word as proof, it’s exciting to hear about it.

Also if you look at my post for the 3217 with the G.I. train set, you can see the newer style train power pac, which is why my set has the improved controller and power pac sheet.

As far as the gold or silver train track I’m not a Tyco train expert, but I believe the silver track was the lower end stuff usually put in sets, and the gold was a brass track that was their higher end stuff and wouldn’t be put in sets.

I believe the silver track is called Tru-Steel, and as I said the gold was a brass rail and therefore more expensive, and less profitable for Tyco to use.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Guy

Users who are viewing this thread