[List] Rarest US1 Trucking Items | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

[List] Rarest US1 Trucking Items

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
In no particular order, this is my thoughts on some “rare” items:

• a complete 3211 Stomper set. I’ve seen maybe 3 the last couple years. Almost always they are missing something. The last one I remember actually had the mat, airport, and the cardboard garage. But it had no trucks in it.

• any Montgomery Wards catalog item. A 3330 Highway Overpass set was AFAIK the first catalog set I’ve seen. There are seven sets they offered, with three being unique. Another six accessory combos (actually three, but each year had a different catalog number), and two vehicle combos.

• the 3965 green/white Stomper pickup. While I have seen at least six of them in the last half decade, it’s probably the rarest slot in US-1.

• the 3717/3039 lane changer with the painted lines on it. Never seen one so far.

• the 3708/3015 12”R 1/8 circle. I’ve only seen these come up a couple times. I got so lucky and got four of them with the painted lines. Considering how they were offered, it can be assumed they didn’t sell very many.

• funny to say it’s rare, but an actual 100% 3217 GI Joe set. There are so many pieces to this set it’s a given that something will be missing. If you haven’t ever owned one, it has ~44 figures, 4 tanks, 2 Jeeps, a boat, a helicopter, 4 paratroopers, 4 parachutes, string for them, a label sheet of reinforcing labels for the ‘chutes, 3 crates in dark brown, 5 barrels, 3 medium and 2 small piers, then the cardboard buildings. Those are made with 4-5 different parts each. I bought more of these sets than should be allowed by law. I bought 3 sets, and two or three listings with just parts. One thing was the blue Cobra Jeep I have was missing the windshield part, so I bought a listing just for the complete Jeep.

• the 3061 Special Offer. The 3061B posts up quite often, but the 3061 not so much. It just has “Special Limited Offer!” where the B has a $1.99 price and some fine print.

The yellow 3965 pickup Stomper and the red white and blue 3962 Stomper Blazer listed on ebay yesterday. 350 bucks each buy it now. I'd be on them like white on rice but my dogs will eat me if I don't feed them.
Now that I see the pics of that truck close up the 3965 pickup and the green and white 3966 do have the same body as the 3951 Smith's truck.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I have one of those 3061 "Special Limited Offer" ones. I had no idea they were rare. Now I don't know if I should open it. Thanks a lot!

It may be just a fluke. I bought a couple 3061/B’s within a short time span, and I didn’t even realize it was a different card till way later. I got them and just stored them away. I’ve been watching lately and I haven’t seen one come up for quite a while, my example has the card torn 1/2 way across so I was looking for a better example of one. The 3061B has posted probably a dozen or more times recently.

The yellow 3965 pickup Stomper and the red white and blue 3962 Stomper Blazer listed on ebay yesterday. 350 bucks each buy it now. I'd be on them like white on rice but my dogs will eat me if I don't feed them.
Now that I see the pics of that truck close up the 3965 pickup and the green and white 3966 do have the same body as the 3951 Smith's truck.

Those two come up actually quite often. I have 2 of the Blazers and 3 of the pickups. They were the set units so they are way more common. The yellow Blazer and the green pickup not so much. The green truck is #3965, Tyco typo’d the item number so it comes up as 3966, which is the yellow one.

Speaking of rare items, check this out- #3443 Shell Telephone Booth

B666280F-F390-4D31-8C1E-3FF52867F3AF.jpeg

I’m starting to think I may have a problem…

The free T-shirt you get with an oil change at the Exxon Truck stop has to be really rare, and really small?
I'm proud to be a member of an obscure slot car community, USA! , US-1! Now I'm thinking about getting into vintage Carrera Aeriajet games, closest thing to flying slot cars. :D
A lot of people just don't know about US-1 Trucking, I gave that set to my daughter on Christmas and it stirred up a buzz like you won't believe on her Facebook page when she posted a video.
Her numerous friends were dumbfounded when they saw the crane and bullldozer work especially and were almost all asking where to get a set or wanting to play with hers, she won't let them near it., taught her well . They've been playing with that thing since Christmas almost non stop, I even gave them some more track so it can take up there whole ten foot long dining room table.

You do have a problem Tyco Trucking...now that you have admitted you may have one is the first step. You really need to go to your local US-1 Electric Trucking Anonymous meeting. The listings with meeting times and locations should be in your local newspaper help section, they usually are on weekday evenings and they have free coffee and smoke breaks. The meetings here are every Thursday at the fire station, afterwards is 1000 jackpot bingo.
You do have to introduce yourself at the first meeting.
Hi...my name is Tyco Trucking and I'm a US-1 Truckingaholic........Hi Tyco Trucking! :ROFLMAO:

20240102_191652 1.jpg

Last edited:
The free T-shirt you get with an oil change at the Exxon Truck stop has to be really rare, and really small?
I'm proud to be a member of an obscure slot car community, USA! , US-1! Now I'm thinking about getting into vintage Carrera Aeriajet games, closest thing to flying slot cars. :D
A lot of people just don't know about US-1 Trucking, I gave that set to my daughter on Christmas and it stirred up a buzz like you won't believe on her Facebook page when she posted a video.
Her numerous friends were dumbfounded when they saw the crane and bullldozer work especially and were almost all asking where to get a set or wanting to play with hers, she won't let them near it., taught her well . They've been playing with that thing since Christmas almost non stop, I even gave them some more track so it can take up there whole ten foot long dining room table.

You do have a problem Tyco Trucking...now that you have admitted you may have one is the first step. You really need to go to your local US-1 Electric Trucking Anonymous meeting. The listings with meeting times and locations should be in your local newspaper help section, they usually are on weekday evenings and they have free coffee and smoke breaks. The meetings here are every Thursday at the fire station, afterwards is 1000 jackpot bingo.
You do have to introduce yourself at the first meeting.
Hi...my name is Tyco Trucking and I'm a US-1 Truckingaholic........Hi Tyco Trucking! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 471

I agree, I was doing some flea market selling and had a simple loop set up. The amount of attention it got was unreal. A lot of patrons reminiscing about having a set as a kid. I sold 4-5 sets, cheap. I was more happy to just get some new blood into it.

My favorite was this lil dude who was maybe 10 or 11. He was running trucks around, and just loved it. I went back 2 weeks later and he actually called his Pop that first night and asked to get the set. They were waiting for me to come back so they could buy it. I hooked him up with a Jeep, and a couple extra trailers.

This lady wanted the 3226 Coast to Coast set I had and had a similar situation where it took a couple weeks but she came back for it. She was so excited to get it and thought it was the coolest thing she ever seen in a toy.

I’m glad you passed one on to your baby and she is able to enjoy it with her family. That’s really what matters…

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: suprb6970

Users who are viewing this thread