Looking for particular HO scale painted figures | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Looking for particular HO scale painted figures

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Raffa
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of the following HO scale painted workers, for a truck garage or freight terminal, are available anywhere?
FedEx Allied Bekin P.I.E. Mobil Shell Exxon
I’ve searched eBay and Amazon, no luck. I know I’m being very specific and because of this I’m guessing they probably don’t exist.
Another concern is that most of the painted figures from brand names, like Bachman, are from times past.
Doesn’t any company make current looking workers?

Does anyone know if any of the following HO scale painted workers, for a truck garage or freight terminal, are available anywhere?
FedEx Allied Bekin P.I.E. Mobil Shell Exxon
I’ve searched eBay and Amazon, no luck. I know I’m being very specific and because of this I’m guessing they probably don’t exist.
Another concern is that most of the painted figures from brand names, like Bachman, are from times past.
Doesn’t any company make current looking workers?

Try here Mike:

Hopefully the link works out ok. I’m highly impressed with the quality of this company. They have a lot of very interesting items that could fit right into US-1. If you find stuff you want, get the item number and then look for that on whatever site you want to purchase, or maybe from Wathers site itself I linked..

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Mike Raffa
They never made figures for US-1 like that , maybe for trains. The slot car and train figures are mostly all very outdated and old stock or new copies of old ones, not very much new stuff that isn't specialty and expensive. Your best bet if you can't find anything painted would be to buy the bunches of the unpainted figures and paint them, easy to do with HO and there are lots of worker poses. The thing is that after the early 60's Tyco and all "HO" scale slot cars are about 1/64 scale and true HO is 1/87, it makes for some tiny people and huge vehicles.

Tyco and all "HO" scale slot cars are about 1/64 scale and true HO is 1/87, it makes for some tiny people and huge vehicles.

Nothing proves this more than the cars for the auto trailer. US-1 is a weird combo of several scales. The chassis for the slots is 3” if I remember right. The wheel base would be just under that. At 1/87 the truck would have a 261” wheel base, or 21-3/4 feet. With a custom frame and a huge sleeper this isn’t entirely out of the question in reality. But not on the day cabs, or the dumps specified.

At 1/64 it’s a 192” wheel base, or 16’. Depending on the truck manufacturer, a 16’ wheelbase to the rear axle sounds about right. That’s more on the dumps, those day cab 3903-esk trucks may run 11-12’.

However, 16’ on a ‘72 Charger, I’m not so suuuuure… LOL… those are more 1/43 scale..

I did find UPS Delivery Personnel at the website you mentioned and the same ones at another site, but I really want FedEx Delivery Personnel.
Nothing proves this more than the cars for the auto trailer. US-1 is a weird combo of several scales. The chassis for the slots is 3” if I remember right. The wheel base would be just under that. At 1/87 the truck would have a 261” wheel base, or 21-3/4 feet. With a custom frame and a huge sleeper this isn’t entirely out of the question in reality. But not on the day cabs, or the dumps specified.

At 1/64 it’s a 192” wheel base, or 16’. Depending on the truck manufacturer, a 16’ wheelbase to the rear axle sounds about right. That’s more on the dumps, those day cab 3903-esk trucks may run 11-12’.

However, 16’ on a ‘72 Charger, I’m not so suuuuure… LOL… those are more 1/43 scale..
True with regards to the US-1 cars for the auto trailer. I look at them and tell myself they’re small, compact cars like a Chevy Focus. ?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I bought one of these Still Forklifts for my freight terminal. It's 1/87 but seems small compared to the boxes.

20240203_142954.jpg

That forklift does look too small near those crates. Try an online company called Woodland Scenics. They have HO scale items.

That forklift does look too small near those crates. Try an online company called Woodland Scenics. They have HO scale items.

Those are the same size/scale as the one I posted. Just looks bigger on the product page online. The Still is a better quality.

I did find UPS Delivery Personnel at the website you mentioned and the same ones at another site, but I really want FedEx Delivery Personnel.

True with regards to the US-1 cars for the auto trailer. I look at them and tell myself they’re small, compact cars like a Chevy Focus. ?

I guess it would be possible to buy unpainted figures and paint them. I’m not sure that the actual freight workers would have a particular attire. Of course the delivery drivers have uniforms as they have to look professional in the public sphere.

You could also check out die cast vehicles in scale, sometimes they have specific motifs where you might find what you’re looking for. Also scale plastic models, and diorama supplies.

That’s kind of why I haven’t put together a legit layout because I’ve spent a good while checking out all the things available, and it is gonna cost a mint.

Users who are viewing this thread