Lubricating motor and Worm Gears | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Lubricating motor and Worm Gears

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Raffa
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello all members. I just received a bottle of Liquid Bearings from Amazon. I believe it is used to lubricate the worm gear and the gear with teeth that sits in the center of the axle. Can it also be used on the vehicle’s motor? If not, what should be used and can someone recommend it?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Mike Raffa
Hello all members. I just received a bottle of Liquid Bearings from Amazon. I believe it is used to lubricate the worm gear and the gear with teeth that sits in the center of the axle. Can it also be used on the vehicle’s motor? If not, what should be used and can someone recommend it?

As far as the motor. I’m not entirely sure about that either. Most electric motors of old had oil fill flaps and were of an “oil bath” design. These motors are so small, I go back and forth about this. Remember that oil is designed to be a dirt magnet, and envelope and carry dirt away from friction surfaces.

The bushings in these motors aren’t really made to be lubricated. There isn’t even any notes in the maintenance section of the assembly sheet about lubing anything.

I can’t deny that adding a drop or two does make everything seem to work better.

So, IDK, lol.. I guess the real answer is do what you want with your stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superlube is a Synthetic heavy-duty, multipurpose lubricant with PTFE. Protects against friction, wear, rust, and corrosion. Temperature ranges from -40 F. To 750 F. Does not run, drip, evaporate, or form gummy deposits, and will not melt or separate. Compatible with most other lubricants. Clean not toxic, no staining. Machinery lasts longer, downtime is reduced and productivity is increased. Many automotive applications. Works on bearings, gears, bushings, hinges, latches, and locks. Can be used on plastic and rubber.

This is also what the maker of the replacement gears includes with new gears for the replacement gears he sells-

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: Mike Raffa

Users who are viewing this thread