Power to Truck | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Power to Truck

• Thread starter Thread starter Ron-con
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Ron-con

May 7, 2023
Visit site
I have cleaned up this truck and everything was working great until I greased the worm gear (just got the right grease yesterday). Now the truck won't run unless it is twisted around, it will not run just by setting it on the track. I have tried adjusting the contact shoes and even replaced them from a truck that is working. It did not change the situation. Please see video. Any suggestions?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Upload your video to Youtube and then post a link to it here. I don't understand what you mean by twisted it around around. Sounds like the motor is not lined up with the worm gear correctly.

Check out my restoration videos-

I have cleaned up this truck and everything was working great until I greased the worm gear (just got the right grease yesterday). Now the truck won't run unless it is twisted around, it will not run just by setting it on the track. I have tried adjusting the contact shoes and even replaced them from a truck that is working. It did not change the situation. Please see video. Any suggestions?
Really late to the party, but I’m guessing when you were cleaning the truck the gear for the axle cracked. All it takes is the smallest hairline crack and it causes the motor to lock up.

Really late to the party, but I’m guessing when you were cleaning the truck the gear for the axle cracked. All it takes is the smallest hairline crack and it causes the motor to lock up.
I just posted a video that shows how to replace the worm gear and spur gear-

Users who are viewing this thread