Rare Vehicles & Varieties | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Rare Vehicles & Varieties

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
D2E73098-E412-4F6B-B437-009AF874B2A9.jpeg
78EEBE14-A370-489B-91F9-D0EA24B0ADD2.jpeg
5D37A86C-03A5-4810-8393-073A1DCCCE84.jpeg81595A57-C687-40F3-9F1E-AD9FA8380624.jpeg4307C6EA-03C9-490A-8691-B03CBC1ECB8E.jpeg

Show off. You just want us all to eat our hearts out, I'm chomping on mine right now. tastes like chicken.
Those Airport Taxis gets uglier every time I look at them,/ It must have taken at least a whole day to design the paint and lettering by the new guy. The "O" and the "X" look like the wrong font and are too wide, should call it the OX taxi. ?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
The O and X on the Airport Taxi are correct, although they seem somewhat off, but that’s the way Tyco did them having looked at a photo of the Taxi.
I’ve wondered about the looks of the Taxi because it looks more like a “muscle car” than a taxi. I wonder what Tyco was thinking back when it was made. I haven’t seen one on eBay yet, maybe someday.

The O and X on the Airport Taxi are correct, although they seem somewhat off, but that’s the way Tyco did them having looked at a photo of the Taxi.
I’ve wondered about the looks of the Taxi because it looks more like a “muscle car” than a taxi. I wonder what Tyco was thinking back when it was made. I haven’t seen one on eBay yet, maybe someday.

The taxi and the police car are based of a Tyco older mold of Richard Petty’s 1972 Charger 500 he used in NASCAR.

There is a “43” over the right headlight bucket, which is his car number. Over the rear window are the safety bars.

I do believe this is the car he set either the Daytona or Talledega speed record with where he ran 200 MPH. I think the record still stands. The car used a Race Hemi putting out around 650 horsepower, with a four speed manual.

Other than cost savings to use a prior mold, it is funny that they used a 2-door car. In the ‘81 and ‘82 years the police car was misrepresented with another Tyco prior slot. It is a ‘71 or ‘72 Plymouth Roadrunner/GTX, and it has 4-doors. It also has a supercharger popped through the hood. I suppose they made the catalog pages before the actual finished car was available to photograph, or there was a last minute change to use the other body. But then again, most of the ‘81 and ‘82 catalog page items are nothing like what was actually sold anyway..

Show off. You just want us all to eat our hearts out, I'm chomping on mine right now. tastes like chicken.
Those Airport Taxis gets uglier every time I look at them,/ It must have taken at least a whole day to design the paint and lettering by the new guy. The "O" and the "X" look like the wrong font and are too wide, should call it the OX taxi. ?

It definitely has a “low effort at work day” feel to it. Seeing the different designs on the Superbird/Daytona cars they could’ve definitely done better. The Fed-Ex van is a better fit for the airport anyway. One thing’s for sure, considering the mold it’s based off of, that is gonna be one fast ass trip to catch the flight!!

Users who are viewing this thread