Separate vs grouped controller - any difference? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Separate vs grouped controller - any difference?

• Thread starter Thread starter clnilsen
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

clnilsen

Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
I am going to be picking up some new controllers…. Any preference for the separate controllers vs the twin ones?

My opinion I hate those separate controllers, they always gave me trouble. I'll take the twin controllers every time. And forget those first gen controllers with the forward reverse switch they are garbage.

I am going to be picking up some new controllers…. Any preference for the separate controllers vs the twin ones?

I usually stick with what the set originally came with. But for a preference I like the 3025 combined unit. The switched 3010 is cool being able to switch gears but there are too many wires/things to go wrong.

Im kinda curious when you said picking up new ones.. did you find a honey pot of sealed ones or are you just meaning new to you?

I like the attached ones too, the wired ones are a PITA and the rubber coated wire decomposition is responsible for a lot of damage and totally ruined cars/trucks, track, and accessories from "melt" when they touch anything plastic in the set boxes or anywhere else, rubber tires will do it too. A truck on eBay has some big wire melt grooves in the top of the tailgate but it's "mint" , the grooves must be a rare factory variant? : ) The wired ones are also responsible for a lot of sets being pulled off tables when you forget to let go of the thing, happens more in racing but you never know. Somebody should come up with some wireless controllers with reverse and throw in a backup alarm beeper to drive people crazy like the fire engine bell does, an air horn and air brake pressure release sound would be cool too.

I like the attached ones too, the wired ones are a PITA and the rubber coated wire decomposition is responsible for a lot of damage and totally ruined cars/trucks, track, and accessories from "melt" when they touch anything plastic in the set boxes or anywhere else, rubber tires will do it too. A truck on eBay has some big wire melt grooves in the top of the tailgate but it's "mint" , the grooves must be a rare factory variant? : ) The wired ones are also responsible for a lot of sets being pulled off tables when you forget to let go of the thing, happens more in racing but you never know. Somebody should come up with some wireless controllers with reverse and throw in a backup alarm beeper to drive people crazy like the fire engine bell does, an air horn and air brake pressure release sound would be cool too.
I brought a lot of my trucks out of storage to find that the rear tires had melted the hubs. So I upgraded them to silicone after replacing the wheel hubs. I still will not be storing them with tires on them.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I use the separated controller that was with my set in the 1980s. It had a wire frayed inside but was an easy fix-

Users who are viewing this thread