Shell Wrecker and Fire Engine | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Shell Wrecker and Fire Engine

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
These trucks are engineering marvels.. How Tyco got the 3911 (you see why it has that stock number, LOL) Fire Engine to do the flashing lights and ring the bell is absolutely amazing..
1E28B5A1-9275-4771-911B-5D099156A06D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it goes back to the ‘30’s and ‘40’s when they made trains you had to build. Then in the ‘60’s they started doing the ready to run kits. Being HO scale, or “Half O”.

They’ve had a long time to figure it out, and a lot of the US-1 was designed off Tyco/Mantua’s long train history.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: gregarnone
and a lot of the US-1 was designed off Tyco/Mantua’s long train history.
The Tyco design was so close to their train stuff that I purchased 6 boxed and sealed accessories at a train show ($20 each) thinking I'd add them to my trains. I didn't know they were slots until I got home and opened them. I was in College in the early 80's and missed seeing US-1 adds and commercials (nose in the books I guess). Since purchasing those accessories I've been hooked. At 60 years old I tell people I am a ten year old 6 times over.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
The Tyco design was so close to their train stuff that I purchased 6 boxed and sealed accessories at a train show
I found a Culvert Pipe Loader 3436 in an auction that had orange legs. I thought I stumbled upon some stupidly rare US-1 item so I bought the whole auction just for it.

Turns out it’s the legs from the train Culvert Loader and they are an exact match to the US-1 legs. So now I have a Culvert Loader with orange legs..

48320F55-2B71-4ABA-9F0C-0B56BA176B6F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: biddle
Yep, and on top of that Tyco made a very similar crane pipe loader and bulldozer for their trains. The bulldozer is actually activated by air pressure that you supply when pressing down on a button. I was into trains first, so when I saw the US-1 stuff at a train show I assumed it was for Tyco trains. I was pleasantly surprised and stared adding US-1 items to my Tyco collection.

I found a Culvert Pipe Loader 3436 in an auction that had orange legs. I thought I stumbled upon some stupidly rare US-1 item so I bought the whole auction just for it.

Turns out it’s the legs from the train Culvert Loader and they are an exact match to the US-1 legs. So now I have a Culvert Loader with orange legs..

View attachment 225
Those are also the glow-in-the-dark barrels!

Users who are viewing this thread