Smith's Tire Goodyear Pickup Truck No. 3951 | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Smith's Tire Goodyear Pickup Truck No. 3951

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and this Smith's Tire Goodyear Pickup Truck No. 3951 popped up on eBay one morning this week, it couldn't of been on for over ten minutes because that's my alert app interval. I hardly even looked at it, I've had things bought out from under me while looking too much, just pressed buy it now and hoped for the best. I got it today, was lucky and I only had to clean up one little scuff on the hood and give it an overall light cleaning and polish. It has the original chassis with the brown gears and blades and runs. Now I won't have to build my own, I may anyway so I don't have to drive this one, a whole fleet maybe. :D

20231230_131753 -1-resize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and this popped up on ebay one morning this week, it couldn't of been on for over ten minutes because that's my alert app interval. I hardly even looked at it, I've had things bought out from under me while looking too much, just pressed buy it now and hoped for the best. I got it today, was lucky and I only had to clean up one little scuff on the hood and give it an overall light cleaning and polish. It has the original chassis with the brown gears and blades and runs. Now I won't have to build my own, I may anyway so I don't have to drive this one, a whole fleet maybe. :D
They are far and few between! I bought one that was on ebay earlier this year on Jan 8, 2023 and I think only one other was sold this year!

That cleaned up nicely. How was the brown gear? It looked like one tooth was broken, but the seller didn't take the best photos! Those brown gears are pretty durable, so I'd say it still runs regardless.

Here is my write up on the Smith's Truck- https://tycous1trucking.com/us1-vehicles-trucks-trailers/smiths-tire-goodyear-truck/

Screenshot_20231230_162953_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20231230_163439_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find! These have been popping up pretty regular the last couple months. Another is up now-

I found my 3965 and a 3962 that came up on and auction and I got both for $750 I think. This one was near mint and I finally was able to say I have at least one of every US-1 slot. When it came I carefully opened the box, unwrapped the truck and stared at it for several minutes. Then I put it to my cheek and hugged it.

I've heard of tree huggers but have never heard of a truck hugger until now? :D That gear pic really shows how dirty the truck was, yuck. I was surprised this one wasn't an auction, it will be interesting to see how much the one on there now goes for. I did see the gear but was more concerned with the body, mechanicals are easy to fix, same goes for full size cars, especially here in the buckle of the rust belt. It has good guide blades, those are harder to come by IMO, they are so much quieter than the metal pins, somebody should start 3D printing the things. The truck does run okay, have a brown gear donor chassis for parts or I may just switch the chassis. I wasn't even trying to get all the vehicles, I made a couple of good buys and sold the rest, still have some to go, US-1 people are crazy...very passionate about their hobby. :LOL:

Now I just have to find the Airport Taxi, or a US-1 dump truck chassis, a Tyco Petty Charger, some darkish blue paint , and some white block lettering decal sheets. It's called a "Tribute" car, tons of GTO's out there like that, "counterfeit" works too. :ROFLMAO:

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
I've heard of tree huggers but have never heard of a truck hugger until now? :D

LOL.. Well, TBH I actually been waiting almost 25 years to get one of those 3965’s.. first saw it back in 1998/99 when I first started collecting this stuff.

I did pretty good, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :)

That second one sold too, it looks like somebody wasn't watching out for the hood and door tampo printing at the factory when it was being made. I like the one with the $99.95 starting bid, the same price as an Earl Scheib paint job back in the good old days, open the doors and they'd paint the interior too. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
That second one sold too, it looks like somebody wasn't watching out for the hood and door tampo printing at the factory when it was being made. I like the one with the $99.95 starting bid, the same price as an Earl Scheib paint job back in the good old days, open the doors and they'd paint the interior too. :D

OMG I checked out that truck, holy bejesus that is one sorry looking POS with no QC. I almost think it’s a repaint or a counterfeit. I’ve never seen one look that bad, and there was even orange peel or something on the right rear fender. I surely feel sorry for the buyer of that for $300.. Yeeeouch…

It sold for 190 bucks then was relisted for 200 starting bid and has a reserve, buy it now for 325 bucks. It ran until the end so I don't know how the seller did it unless the buyer didn't pay/backed out. I like the one with the beat up graphics that sold for $144.50 a couple of weeks ago, the buyer wiped off the dust and has it listed for 325 bucks now.

It ran until the end so I don't know how the seller did it unless the buyer didn't pay/backed out.
The person that won the auction the first time did not pay. This has happened to me before. Seller has 100% feedback, so makes sense.

Screenshot_20240213_181041_eBay.jpg

First auction bids:
Screenshot_20240213_183045_eBay.jpg

Wow, these have been popping up out of the woodwork! This one is funny because. Description says it appears to have never been run on a track but has a stripped screw on one side and a missing glide. The brown gears to look nice though!

TRUCK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread