Smith's Tire Reproduction Fleet | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Smith's Tire Reproduction Fleet

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I did a few Smith's tire trucks copies. The "Goodyear" lettering on the hood is a little larger, otherwise the decals are spot on, took 6 months to get them.
They are the regular truck body modified to fit on the US-1 chassis, not like the original Smith's truck with the larger Command Control type front wheel opening. The original truck is closest to the camera on the right.

These aren't for sale, I want to do a Smith's Tire building out of an Exxon garage or fire station someday and wanted a few trucks to park by it, one goes to my daughter for her set.
These things are a lot of work, especially masking off the doors and hood to do the black. I tried masking tape and it didn't work well. I eventually used bare metal foil to mask the body off around them and it worked good, I nearly went blind doing it. The paint was a pain to match, had to use a flat Splash paints Hemi Orange then cover it with Tamiya TS- 12 gloss Orange to get the color right.
20240819_192333 - Copy.jpg
20240819_192345.jpg

Attachments

• 20240819_192643 - Copy.jpg
    20240819_192643 - Copy.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: suprb6970

Users who are viewing this thread