Stomper #3962 #3965 with custom made boxes | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Stomper #3962 #3965 with custom made boxes

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Have not seen anything like this new auction before. It says the boxes are made by HACEnterprise@aol.com

Stomper-1.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Have not seen anything like this new auction before. It says the boxes are made by HACEnterprise@aol.com

View attachment 697

These first showed up like, man, must have been almost a decade ago. They make one for each stomper, and they also did one for the wrecker, and I think they had one for the 51 Smith’s and the 11 fire engine. I think they can custom make them for you as well. There was another made around the same time that was a plastic sheet that was folded up, which may even be this seller but they upgraded to the clamshell maybe. Definitely a nice looking display option though..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
You see the G.I. Joe Peterbilt with the flatbed trailer and missile on ebay in the display made by HAC too. I bet that place could repo a Stomper garage without blinking an eye. Their website has some interesting items,. I never knew there was going to be a 1983 AFX set with a fire truck they never made and they even sell a repo version of the fire truck for big bucks. . I saw a brochure for sale for 1983 Tyco with the Fire theme too, must of been the thing back then.

https://hacenterprise.com/products/ols/products/custom-afx-wall-art-aurora-the-1983-afx-fire-engine

fire up.png

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I never knew there was going to be a 1983 AFX set with a fire truck they never made
I read about this a few years ago. Aurora tried to compete with Tyco with their own semi theme, named Big Rider. They made a few trucks, several trailers (one a license of Ryder moving outfit), and there were I think 4 sets made. I remember reading about their prototype fire truck. Even possibly that they made it for Tyco or something. In the end they didn’t have the ability to make the stations like US-1 has, and the R&D costs seemed detrimental to the company as the whole semi slot theme was winding down in ‘83, and Aurora realized Tyco had dominated it already.

I saw a brochure for sale for 1983 Tyco with the Fire theme too, must of been the thing back then.

It isn’t a secret that Firemen and LEO were hot “when I grow up” jobs to kids. The toys depicting the vehicles are always hot sellers. Even Lego based 1/3 of their product line (Castle/Space/Town) around them for decades. And 2/3 of that Town theme was Police and Fire, with racing being the third.

I bet that place could repo a Stomper garage without blinking an eye.

From what I knew about these from seeing them about a decade ago, they use vacuum forming to make these. Lay a “melted just right” sheet of plastic down and a vacuum pulls the sheet into the form. Much the same as the clamshell bubble on the carded trucks. I didn’t look at anything posted about these cases, but if they still do that, the cases aren’t very thick, and would be very similar to the clamshells.

I’m sure if they saw a good profit and ROI, they would have been reproducing the Joe buildings and garage already.

Users who are viewing this thread