Stomper Blazer 4x4 with Brown Gears? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Stomper Blazer 4x4 with Brown Gears?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Does anyone know why this has brown gears? Seems odd since they were released at the end of production of the US1 Trucking Series.

@Tyco Trucking what color gears to your Stompers have?

View attachment 605

Hey Mike, this is probably a rebuild. Those gears were only used in ‘81. It is correct with the steel pins. (edit: by that I mean brown geared chassis can have factory steel pins, not that the chassis is correct for the truck.) Tyco ditched those brown guide blades pretty quick. I know it would be too easy to just change them out, but I’ve seen it on sealed trucks.

Unless you wanted a factory correct truck I wouldn’t have an issue buying this., as far as the chassis goes. I’d actually prefer to have those gears TBH, but I’m not going to tear down mine just to switch them.

Depending on the price, and if you want a legit factory correct truck, then I’d probably pass on it, being those white blazers come up more than the yellow blazer.

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle

Users who are viewing this thread