The Trailer that started it all | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

The Trailer that started it all

• Thread starter Thread starter suprb6970
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
A real hard one to get. I got one of these from KAYBEE Toys in like 1981.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16003.jpg
s-l16004.jpg
s-l16005.jpg
auction.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
In 1981 I was married and bought an Ideal TCR set, I had to figure out how it worked.
$407.11 for that thing?...that a big gulp. I saw one of those on the interwebs recently with a bunch of diecast semi trucks on some obscure for sale site and I can't find it now. I didn't know it was anything special., live and learn. :cry::ROFLMAO:

In 1981 I was married and bought an Ideal TCR set, I had to figure out how it worked.
$407.11 for that thing?...that a big gulp. I saw one of those on the interwebs recently with a bunch of diecast semi trucks on some obscure for sale site and I can't find it now. I didn't know it was anything special., live and learn. :cry::ROFLMAO:

So many vintage/old things this applies to. Two examples that make me want a time machine:

A 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda convertible. There are maybe 7 known to exist in the US, and possibly another 6 exports. It sold for around $5,000 new, and last I checked there was one for sale for 3.5 million bucks.

The 1970 Plymouth Superbirds/Dodge Daytona’s. The ‘Bird was based off a Roadrunner and the Daytona is a Charger 500. They couldn’t give these away by 1971. Stories told of them sitting for years in dealership backlots. Now they are worth 6 to 7 figures.

As stated in the forum, a lot of the US-1 sealed stuff with a price tag almost always has a discount. Like 50, 75, even 90% off. I have a carded Bekins trailer with a $0.61 price on it, lol.. The trailers in 1983 were $5 a pop..

Makes you wonder what’s around today that will be worth a mint in 30 years..

So many vintage/old things this applies to. Two examples that make me want a time machine:

A 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda convertible. There are maybe 7 known to exist in the US, and possibly another 6 exports. It sold for around $5,000 new, and last I checked there was one for sale for 3.5 million bucks.

The 1970 Plymouth Superbirds/Dodge Daytona’s. The ‘Bird was based off a Roadrunner and the Daytona is a Charger 500. They couldn’t give these away by 1971. Stories told of them sitting for years in dealership backlots. Now they are worth 6 to 7 figures.

As stated in the forum, a lot of the US-1 sealed stuff with a price tag almost always has a discount. Like 50, 75, even 90% off. I have a carded Bekins trailer with a $0.61 price on it, lol.. The trailers in 1983 were $5 a pop..

Makes you wonder what’s around today that will be worth a mint in 30 years..
I think I paid .99 cents for that trailer. But you had to buy another truck to get it. I bought the sky blue Peterbilt with the black stripes. I think that truck was only $5.99. More than half the money earned for mowing the yard.

Users who are viewing this thread