This looks like a fake wrecker to me. | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

This looks like a fake wrecker to me.

• Thread starter Thread starter suprb6970
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20231216_000631_eBay.jpg
Selling a Beyond Rare Tyco US 1 Trucking Highway Wrecker and Disabled car First Run one of less than 100 made. This was the First run of the Highway Wrecker Tyco Clearly hadn't figured out for sure what the color scheme was to be. The 80s when these sets were made were back when Smokey and the Bandit Ruled everything, and defiantly had some influence on the car and possibly the wrecker. They soon after changed the car color and added the strips to the wrecker, but still managed to keep the Trans am for the tow car but changed its color so the two look aesthetically better to the kids. I have only seen one other of this wrecker sold here on Ebay in the last 15 years or so. It does run and light excellent, probably because its been in my display case for over 10 years and not used,because of its rarity. This item is truly for someone who wants something many others cannot obtain. Rest Assured this item was made by tyco in the 80s not something someone made or messed with.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think?

This seller always has US1 priced at top dollar. There is no real way to confirm the story, so it's just that, a story with zero documentation to back it up.

I can't remember the details but I asked a question one time, got a rude reply so I won't buy anything from them.

This seller always take crappy photos as well from far away.

You could just as easy repaint a wrecker black, so personally I think it's ugly and has no value to me whatsoever.

Also, as seen a few weeks ago, you can put other Tyco body's on a disabled car chassis , so that cannot be confirmed either.

Last edited:
The couple of things I saw were the wheels have been repainted. You can tell because the axle tips have been painted as well. There is no painted silver strip on the overhead lights. So that makes me wonder if they aren't re-pops. The chrome has been retouched. So has the gold paint on the trans am. I thinks somethang is rotten in Denmark.

Without any provenance it's a Shell wrecker missing the graphics and the wrong disabled car body. Good catch on the painted chewed up wheels, could of at least salvaged some decent ones or just exchanged them for that price. That truck was used plenty too. Pics are bad, none of it with the body off, and could of at least done a video, easy on ebay now and everybody has a video camera if they have a phone. I know a guy with an old banjo he picked up at the Goodwill with all of Babe Ruths' girfriends names written on the back, it looks good, names are right, no provenance, just worth an old banjo. I'm watching the auction and the guy sent me an offer for $625, oh boy. :D

There is no painted silver strip on the overhead lights. So that makes me wonder if they aren't re-pops.

It can be a reproduction even with a painted strip as seen below. You have to have an original to tell the shade is slightly off. The hook is also not a shiny chrome, but remember the ebay seller is claiming to have a prototype. LOL

1.png

Without any provenance it's a Shell wrecker missing the graphics and the wrong disabled car body. Good catch on the painted chewed up wheels, could of at least salvaged some decent ones or just exchanged them for that price. That truck was used plenty too. Pics are bad, none of it with the body off, and could of at least done a video, easy on ebay now and everybody has a video camera if they have a phone. I know a guy with an old banjo he picked up at the Goodwill with all of Babe Ruths' girfriends names written on the back, it looks good, names are right, no provenance, just worth an old banjo. I'm watching the auction and the guy sent me an offer for $625, oh boy. :D
What a deal! You didn't jump all over that?

What do you guys think?

View attachment 334

This could be a test shot. First thing sticking out to me is the white gear that runs the flashing mechanism. Most of the production trucks have silver/gray ones. If it’s painted they did a **** good job painting it. Everything on the truck looks legit.

Users who are viewing this thread