Track Plans | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Track Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Timmy
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Timmy

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi all bit new to all this but I'm on the verge of us1 trucking and live in uk. I have a few sets that I've put aside and would like to give it a go. it looks fantastic It was around in my younger days but did not seem to take off in uk if I remember. Not a lot of shops kept it correct me if I am wrong.
I am not good at designing track plans and I wondered if there is any where I can find some. My area would most likely be 20 ft by 3ft. I would like it complex if possible.
Any one advise on this matter. kind regards. Tim

I've never seen any track layout plans other than the ones TYCO included with the sets.

Thank you for your reply that's what i was wondering, I think the only thing is to hands on and work some thing out by getting some ideas from tyco Ho racing plans.

Some tips:
Probably evident but you can use a 9” terminal track, turn-out, or double turn out with a 6” straight to counter a 15” straight or squeeze track. Two 9R 1/4’s in an “S” shape can be countered with a 15” track or a 9” and a 6”. Two 9R 1/4’s in a “C” shape counter a 15”, or the 9” and 6”.

Most of the track layouts are in a boot shape, there are the 3210 and 3215 that used 5 9R 1/4’s for a weird shaped layout. The 3225 used 9R 1/8 curves behind 9R 1/4’s also making for an interesting layout.

If you’re doing a 3’ width you’re going to be limited to a 15” or a 9” with a 6” only with a 9R 1/4 at each end, and no turn out can be pointed out unless you do the boot shape with 2 9R 1/4’s in a “C” shape at the other end with a “S” curve.

If you do a “figure 8” shape the seemingly minimum width is 48” like the 3219/3344 Night Haulers has, with the 3216 Highway Overpass set being 54-1/2”.

If you can bump it out another foot and do 48” x 20’ that will give you more freedom, but as a 3’ x 20’ you’re basically stuck with just a long oval alternating turn-outs in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread