Tyco US-1 Trucking Double Controller | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Tyco US-1 Trucking Double Controller

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Mike Raffa

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with this double controller? I’ve been having a problem with the right steering wheel. When I turn it all the way to full forward power for a truck running on the track, the truck actually slows down. When I turn the steering wheel slightly to the left, the truck picks up speed. This hasn’t happen (yet) with the left steering wheel. It happens with all my vehicles. Can this problem be fixed? Does anyone know if there’s a video about repairing problems for this controller?

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with this double controller? I’ve been having a problem with the right steering wheel. When I turn it all the way to full forward power for a truck running on the track, the truck actually slows down. When I turn the steering wheel slightly to the left, the truck picks up speed. This hasn’t happen (yet) with the left steering wheel. It happens with all my vehicles. Can this problem be fixed? Does anyone know if there’s a video about repairing problems for this controller?

Hey Mike,
I posted a thread about this toward the bottom of the thread topics. It’s named terminal track theory and power or something like that.

Basically what I think is going on is your turning the wheel too much and the contact is coming off the resistor. There is an end cap pressed on the ceramic that’s riveted to the base. If the contact is on that it is probably doing a voltage drop slowing the trucks down.

Give that post I made a look-see and if you need more help drop another message..

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Mike Raffa
Mike Raffa

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
I found and read your thread, but it was about the wiring inside the controller and a bit technical for me. Your reply about the possibility that I’m turning the steering wheel too much to the end was more helpful, but is there a fix for my problem and, if so, how do I take my controller apart to get a look inside to see?

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I found and read your thread, but it was about the wiring inside the controller and a bit technical for me. Your reply about the possibility that I’m turning the steering wheel too much to the end was more helpful, but is there a fix for my problem and, if so, how do I take my controller apart to get a look inside to see?
Let me post that up for you. I’ll take a 3025 apart and post up a thread for you bud.. You’ll have to compare it to your controller and figure out what’s going on with it, but I’ll ensure it’s comprehensive and easy to understand..

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Mike Raffa
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
One side of my double controllers does that. I think's it's either dirt that all builds up there on the end of the windings, the contact is coming off the windings slightly at the end as said, the wiper is bent or dirty. I have to look at mine, may just shoot it with some contact cleaner first and see what happens first. I got used to it so don't think about it , I go that fast and the trailers fly off on the curves so don't go there much.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyco Trucking

Users who are viewing this thread