Tyco Us1 Highway Wrecker Set 3213 Original Packaging Method | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Tyco Us1 Highway Wrecker Set 3213 Original Packaging Method

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Does anyone know how the factory packed everything inside the box for the Tyco US1 Highway Wrecker Set 3213?

PS just added a new page for this set- https://tycous1trucking.com/sets/tyco-highway-wrecker-set-3213/

inside-box.jpg

otuside-box.jpg

Last edited:
We’re you ever able to get any info on this Mike?

I looked at the Motor City set that was sealed but opened on eBay but there were no definitive pics there.

It’s obvious where the power pac went. The trucks would be in the little pockets flanking. I do know the trucks went there.

I usually put the curves in the top left. In the case of yours you’d want to fold that flap with the perforations at the bottom up, and fold the flap toward the outside of the box. That’ll give you a spot for the two straight tracks.

The gravel things should be in a white box with a 3420 accessory number. There is a plastic insert inside to arrange everything. There is usually a spot for it on the top right.

There may have been a white box for the 3443/44 but I’ve never seen it. AFAIK it was just put loose in the box.

That motor city set shows the terminal at lower right, with turn-outs upside down above it. The turn out part facing down.

I’ve had around 6 sealed sets in my time collecting but never opened them. My only experience was a partially opened Army Transport set a long time ago. I never took anything out of it.

A few sets I got recently have had inserts but mostly those had been missing too. So my experience with how they were packaged is limited to what I posted. And that was probably more because it was obvious where there were spots for the 3420 and how the track fits in where the fold up panels are.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: chrisjimm

Users who are viewing this thread