US1 Smith's Tire Goodyear Chevy Truck Graphics? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

US1 Smith's Tire Goodyear Chevy Truck Graphics?

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Hey, I was checking out the Smith's Tire Goodyear trucks and curious about what type door and hood graphics are on it, hard to tell from pics, are they decals, tampo printed, stencil , something else? A guy on ebay sells pure black stickers so the edges don't show with white lettering.
Thanks for any info in advance.

Here are some hi-res images of mine.

20231220_195828.jpg
20231220_195900.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
Hey thanks.
It looks like those are pad printed, most of them are, always a little funky on the edges. Those big Command Control II front wheel openings
are different, must of been the only bodies they had in production at the time? , no reason for them otherwise, look trophy truck so it's cool.

Hey Mr. Biddle or any kind person that has one of these rare beasts that's not on the card. Is there a way I could get a measurement of the width of "Smith's" lettering on either door (assuming the right and left are the same) and the "Goodyear" lettering on the hood? I don't think the letter height would be needed if it was all scaled with a known width, may be tough to measure being so small.

Thanks!,
Allan

“SMITH’S” is 0.5250” long

“TIRE” is 0.2700” long, and each are 0.1050” tall,

“GOODYEAR” is 0.8250”, and 0.0910” tall. The winged foot is 0.1600” tall.

Had a delay posting from a posting limit on the forum, sorry…

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955

Users who are viewing this thread