What's the deal with this crooked carded truck? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

What's the deal with this crooked carded truck?

• Thread starter Thread starter AMH1955
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I got this truck with a bunch of sealed and some carded US-1 stuff I got recently, another older guy that collected it for years to do a big layout then lost interest and just wants it gone deal. I've seen a couple of others US-1 vehicles for sale like this. Detached from the chassis and no way is it going back on without opening it.
It has to effect the value, but I didn't pay a lot for it either. I think I'll open it then sell my used one and have some new wheels.

20240107_085242.jpg

I got this truck with a bunch of sealed and some carded US-1 stuff I got recently, another older guy that collected it for years to do a big layout then lost interest and just wants it gone deal. I've seen a couple of others US-1 vehicles for sale like this. Detached from the chassis and no way is it going back on without opening it.
It has to effect the value, but I didn't pay a lot for it either. I think I'll open it then sell my used one and have some new wheels.

View attachment 482

Wow, I’ve seen/had the trucks come off the wheel knobs, but never separate from the chassis like that. My only guess is at some point that thing took a real hard smack.

I don’t think it would affect the value, collectibility maybe.. it’s still a sealed on card truck it, just doesn’t display real nice, otherwise a great convo starter about WITAF happened to detach it like that…

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMH1955
It is a good convo starter, I only have the green dump truck, the fire truck, and this on the card so maybe I should just leave well enough alone. I'm always telling my wife and kids that I'm glad I won't be around to see them sell all this stuff for pennies on the dollar at a yard sale when I go off to the big Exxon truck stop in the sky. ?

I agree on the value issue. Personally, I wouldn't buy that for a carded collection. The card is also rough. I would 100% open and enjoy it. If it was a Smith's Truck, it might be a different story.

Last edited:
  • Like/Thanks
I opened it, I love the smell of new truck in the morning. :ROFLMAO:

I had to see how a new truck ran and it's mine. It runs like a new truck, smells good too, best running one I have now. It doesn't take all day to warm up and is fast enough at full speed to fling the trailers off on the curves, what more could you want?

20240205_090429.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking
I opened it, I love the smell of new truck in the morning. :ROFLMAO:

I had to see how a new truck ran and it's mine. It runs like a new truck, smells good too, best running one I have now. It doesn't take all day to warm up and is fast enough at full speed to fling the trailers off on the curves, what more could you want?

View attachment 679

That’s what it’s all about, the enjoyment. I.. well.. I angrily opened around a dozen and a half trailers and a 3905, 3938, a couple 3957’s, and more accessories than I can remember. Plus a couple terminals, and half a dozen track packages, and a set of signs. I don’t really like opening stuff, but I was frustrated at the price it cost, so it was some weird self-imposed power play that I was like “So what if this has been sealed for four decades, I’m gonna open it, so that there will be one less (or more depending on the item) sealed one on the Earth because someone touched it with their Midas Hand..”

• Like/Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread