Whitening Pipe for Crane | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Whitening Pipe for Crane

• Thread starter Thread starter suprb6970
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

suprb6970

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I took Mike's whitening method and applied it to the small pipe for the crane. I have to say it worked rather well. The pictures don't really show the difference, but it is noticeable. I also tried it on some very yellowed track. It lightened it up quite a lot but not enough for my liking. So I'm going to do a second coat this time much thicker. We will see.
20240928_132527.jpg
20240928_172356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have sun there? lol. Stuck in the drizzly remnants of the hurricane up here in northeast Ohio. I would have painted them there barrels white, now I know better.

• Haha
Reactions: biddle
You have sun there? lol. Stuck in the drizzly remnants of the hurricane up here in northeast Ohio. I would have painted them there barrels white, now I know better.
Beautiful weather here in Texas. The photos don't do the barrels justice. They look great. Only took two treatments, 7 hours total. I bought the developer from Sally's beauty supply $9.99. Way out of my element there.
20240929_204146.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: joem and biddle
I learned this method from restoration experts for Star Wars toys. I knew it would work well on the white plastics, but I was amazed it takes the track back to original color.

Be warned. Don't get greedy or it will definitely ruin the color on the track if left on too many hours. Found this out during testing.

Users who are viewing this thread