Wrecker in a blue color and a Police Speed Trap accessory | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Wrecker in a blue color and a Police Speed Trap accessory

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Raffa
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mike Raffa

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
I saw Youtube videos showing these two custom accessories and I would love to have them. One is the Wrecker Tow Truck in the same colors as the Wrecker on the box cover for the Wrecker Set. The second one is a double Police Car Speed Trap track section. I’ve included a photo of each one. Has anyone seen these and, if yes, do you know anything about them? I’d be interested in buying them. I’ve looked on eBay, but no luck.

police.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: martingd53
You will note in the video description that those are custom-made pieces. They are one-of-a-kind. The Police car also runs on DCC (Digital Command Control) which independently controls the car and turns it off so this wouldn't even work on a regular set.

Most of the vehicles on that set are custom lighted and modified for DCC.

Last edited:
Hey @suprb6970, How do you plan on connecting it to Tyco track? I am interested to know what modifications are done with this or any other manufacturers track to connect them with Tyco.

Hey @suprb6970, How do you plan on connecting it to Tyco track? I am interested to know what modifications are done with this or any other manufacturers track to connect them with Tyco.
There are a couple of ways to adapt this to Tyco. One is to purchase track adapters from old afx to auto world, then from auto world to tyco. This is expensive, but easiest. Another way is to, take a Tyco criss cross track piece and cut both ends off. Then glue, solder, and paint. The criss cross piece works because, old afx is narrow compared to Tyco track. I chose a hard route. I took a piece of 15" Tyco straight track cut the ends off. I didn't want a odd size piece of track in the layout. Then cut a slit in the center with a dremel tool, heated the track squeezed it together and then glued it on. I have not finished this yet.

Attachments

• radar trap.jpg
    radar trap.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: Petvet
I was just thinking use a double turn out without the bin, the 3031. Then use a 3040 single lane that the 3452 gravel dump uses. Maybe kit bash it to cover the hole or whatever. Then either make, or buy a billboard sign, whether the one from the 3443, the non-US-1 one, or an aftermarket piece by Wathers, or whomever. Take a 3415/3416/3470 and remove the top and use that for the “cover” hiding place. If you have two you could kit bash them to take out the dozer track altogether.

Then the other side of the turn-out could be used for a mock up donut shop, or another hide and seek placement for DOT to keep financing their existence… Red tagging those trucks all day!

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Petvet

Users who are viewing this thread