Any recommendations for Grass Mats | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Any recommendations for Grass Mats

• Thread starter Thread starter biddle
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I used Lowes indoor-outdoor dark green grass carpet for my Carrera 1/32 set table, 85 cents a square foot and I think it's 10-12 feet wide? On my US-1 set table I used Hunter Green (darker) felt and it comes in six foot widths and is 4 bucks a yard at Joann fabrics. The felt is really hard to keep clean, shows everything, the grass carpet is a lot easier , just vacuum once in a while. I think I would use the grass carpet if I ever do a permanent US-1 table. You can use double face carpet tape to hold it down, I glued it down on the Carrera table.

I used Lowes indoor-outdoor dark green grass carpet for my Carrera 1/32 set table, 85 cents a square foot and I think it's 10-12 feet wide? On my US-1 set table I used Hunter Green (darker) felt and it comes in six foot widths and is 4 bucks a yard at Joann fabrics. The felt is really hard to keep clean, shows everything, the grass carpet is a lot easier , just vacuum once in a while. I think I would use the grass carpet if I ever do a permanent US-1 table. You can use double face carpet tape to hold it down, I glued it down on the Carrera table.
I agree with @AMH1955. The indoor outdoor carpet is the way to go. I used carpet on the train set and felt on the Trucking set (only cause I work on pool tables and got it free) but harder to keep clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
It's more of an indoor-outdoor green carpet than artificial grass. The fibers look like shiny green plastic. Mine is about a 1/4-3/8 inch thick with a black rubber backing.
Lowes has something similar called "Grizzly Grass", hard to tell if it's the same as the stuff I got there, looks a little thicker.
Pics are worth a thousand words.

20240912_201458.jpg20240912_201508.jpg20240912_201620.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle

Users who are viewing this thread