Collection Value? Stompers, Shell Wrecker and Service sign plus more! | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Collection Value? Stompers, Shell Wrecker and Service sign plus more!

• Thread starter Thread starter keith parlich
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

keith parlich

Aug 8, 2023
Visit site
IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0643.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpegIMG_0644.jpeg

Sorry to repost but I'm not good with technology I somehow deleted this area in my last post. I'm the original owner of all the items in the pictures. I worked part time at a Toys R Us after high school in 1986 and purchased all of the items
most of them came from opened boxes or items that were returned the manager of the store new i loved slot cars and gave me great deals on them. All of them work just like they did back then I really never played with them that much I have hundreds of regular slot cars. I am going to sell all of it together if you look on line the prices are all over the board so this website looks like the place to get some honest opinions on the value. I would first and foremost like someone to enjoy them because they don't make toys like this anymore. I have a bunch of misc parts that are not included in the pictures. If you're like me and not good with computers I'll leave my phone number below just call me. Thank you very much.

Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0642.jpeg
    IMG_0642.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0646.jpeg
    IMG_0646.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0643.jpeg
    IMG_0643.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
The pup trailers with the containers are AFX Big Ryder, not US 1. But they are a nice piece. Do you want us to estimate the value for you, or make you an offer to buy them?

Are you selling any of it? The most desirable piece is the Shell Road Service Sign Sign, the Stompers, Shell Wrecker and Disabled Firebird, Shell Garage. The Department of Highways gets a lot of attention too.

Regarding value, prices are all over the place and peak at Christmas. Search for the item on ebay, and then check the option for SOLD/COMPLETED AUCTIONS. This tells you what people are actually paying! Also, use https://www.worthpoint.com/

Example Search for Shell Wrecker:

The pup trailers with the containers are AFX Big Ryder, not US 1. But they are a nice piece. Do you want us to estimate the value for you, or make you an offer to buy them?
Yes I am going to sell everything I just wanted to get a couple peoples opinions on the value . I am a very fair person and would like to sell it to someone who will enjoy it and not buy it and sell it again, that's why I wanted a couple opinions on the value. With that being said what would your offer be?

With that being said what would your offer be?
The top dollar always happens on ebay. I'd recommend breaking up the set as well, you will get more money than selling as a collection. Just the shell sign could bring 100-200.

You could package the Shell Station, Wrecker, Disabled Firebird And sign and could very well do 500++ Especially at Christmas!

The top dollar always happens on ebay. I'd recommend breaking up the set as well, you will get more money than selling as a collection. Just the shell sign could bring 100-200.

You could package the Shell Station, Wrecker, Disabled Firebird And sign and could very well do 500++ Especially at Christmas!
Good to know thank you

That’s an easy $2,000 to $2,500 group of stuff. The 3443 Phone Booth can fetch $3-400 alone. The Stomper trucks can bring $200+, the 3444 Wrecker set can bring $250 easy. The tune up cards bring around $75 to $100. The Borden’s and DuPont can be $75+.

Unfortunately, if you list that all together it may take a while to sell at $2,000+, where if you broke it up you’ll sell the rare stuff fast and possibly be left with stuff that won’t sell unless you bottom dollar it.

If I didn’t have 5 of everything I’d entertain an offer, but I’m downsizing my own stuff and just don’t need any more..

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle
That’s an easy $2,000 to $2,500 group of stuff. The 3443 Phone Booth can fetch $3-400 alone. The Stomper trucks can bring $200+, the 3444 Wrecker set can bring $250 easy. The tune up cards bring around $75 to $100. The Borden’s and DuPont can be $75+.

Unfortunately, if you list that all together it may take a while to sell at $2,000+, where if you broke it up you’ll sell the rare stuff fast and possibly be left with stuff that won’t sell unless you bottom dollar it.

If I didn’t have 5 of everything I’d entertain an offer, but I’m downsizing my own stuff and just don’t need any more..
Thank you for the response Ill wait til around Christmas time to list them on eBay so if you change your mind before then about making a offer let me know thanks again

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking

Users who are viewing this thread