Package Resealed or Original Unopened? | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Package Resealed or Original Unopened?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
chrisjimm

chrisjimm

Nov 4, 2023
Visit site
Because this website has collectors that have been buying and selling these slot cars for a very long time, I feel that this site is the closet to having experts on the subject purchasing us-1 slot cars mint on unopened card. I do not want to insult or accuse sellers on auction sites but sometimes I must question whether the so-called unopened card was re sealed. Some of these vehicles I notice when looking threw the plastic enclosure that the pick-up shoes look like they have been run on a track. I have purchase MOCs without any traces of any wear at all on the pick-up shoes and others have me scratching my head and thinking I have been deceived. Checking the carboard around the plastic enclosure I painstakingly check to see if the card was pulled apart and reglued somehow. But some of these sellers may be so good at putting the card back together its hard to tell whether it’s been altered or just like that do to storing them for decades. My difficult question to other members is this; If there are any marks at the end of the shoe pickups that come in contact with the track then you can automatically compilate the card was resealed? My thoughts in questioning these sellers is that an honest seller will be losing out on top dollar for some of these rare vehicles on an unopened card, so it’s worth risking their reputation in deceiving buyers. Any response from you guys would sure be appreciated on this wary and skeptical collector.

1715107415934.png

Last edited by a moderator:
biddle

biddle

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
FWIW- I messed around with the MOC packages I wanted to open to see if I could open them without it being noticeable, and I wasn't able to. Any metal like that can oxidize over 40 years in a package because it is exposed to air. It's not made of gold. :) The track does the same thing, looks kind of rusty, etc., even though it is NOS.

If you took this out of the package and soaked those pickup shoes, I bet they would look brand new-

That looks like normal package wear and tear to me.

gregarnone

gregarnone

Sep 21, 2023
Visit site
I know the Hot Wheels guys use acetone on a rag. they wipe it on the back side of the card and it releases the glue holding the plastic. It leaves no marks at all on the cardboard and is hard to tell its been opened. Maybe the same trick works on Tyco cards?

Users who are viewing this thread