Shell Wrecker Tow Hook Installation & Removal | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Shell Wrecker Tow Hook Installation & Removal

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMH1955

AMH1955

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I checked out mine and it sure looks like you would unsnap the light bar from the body then tilt the light bar and boom back and down so the hook can be removed from the opening in the body then unsnap the hook from the boom, the scary part, and snap the new one one on. The boom has that tab on top that holds the hook pivot down but it is pretty sloppy, may come off easy. You could probably put a little pressure on that tab to help give it some clearance if it's tight, lubrication always helps too,. I would run it under some hot water to expand the opening a touch and give it a little more flexibility too if it gets stubborn. The plastic seems pretty flexible, not like it would break easily or it would, always see the hooks missing and the booms look okay so the hook must come off easy? If it's like the chassis plastic you could really bend it without breaking but who knows. Shapeways sells the parts anyway. Good luck!

Tyco Trucking

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
How does the tow hook come off the Wrecker? I bought a Rhodium plated brass one last year from Shapeways and never installed it.

Grab the hook and pull it down to release it from the bottom of the body. Tilt it back against the boom. You’ll see a bit of space open up and then you can carefully push it out of one side of the saddle and it should come off.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: biddle

Users who are viewing this thread