Your US-1 best/worse stories: | TYCO US-1 Electric Trucking Slot Cars Discussion Forum Club

Your US-1 best/worse stories:

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyco Trucking
  • Start date Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Tyco Trucking

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Just curious what your best/worse stories are.

My best are:

I got a sealed 3228 for $350 in my first go-around collecting back in 1999-2006. It was great because they sent me two sets. I had to send one back though, but for a minute I was contemplating keeping it.

My most expensive single purchase(s) were my 3965 and 3966 for $750, and two 3213’s for $750 each.

My cheapest buy(s) was a sealed 3436, 3452 for $7 each.

I think my best deal was getting my 3235 and 3320 sets in a single auction for $350. Both were in almost brand new shape, and AFAIK they were never used.

The “one that got away” was a sealed painted lines road/rail track. I think it went for $150 or so. I really wish I had picked that up.

My most frustrating things:
Bought a 3210 set and the seller shipped it literally in the set box. Address label ruined the box, and the set was complete garbage. Trashed it at a $210 loss.

Bought a 3208 set that was so gross I disinfected the little bit of useable parts, and threw the rest straight in the trash. Waste of $260.

And finally my happiest time was buying that 3965 finally. That was the keystone in my collection, and being able to say I have at least one of every US-1 slot. It took a looooooooong time to finally get that sucker. My other white whale is the 3211 Stomper set, but, as you may have seen a complete one just sold for almost $2,000.. A bit rich for my blood, but like the road/rail track, I’ll be berating myself for letting it get away for a while..

My most expensive single purchase(s) were my 3965 and 3966 for $750, and two 3213’s for $750 each.
Highway Wrecker Set 3213 999.00 via Best Offer on eBay.
My cheapest buy(s) was a sealed 3436, 3452 for $7 each.
I Bought Smith's Tire Goodyear Truck No. 3951 for 100 bucks a year ago.
I think my best deal was getting my 3235 and 3320 sets in a single auction for $350. Both were in almost brand new shape, and AFAIK they were never used.
399.00 shipped for Highway Wrecker Set 3213 & Motor City Electric Trucking 3209 with 3445 Exxon Garage. It was BIN and I later found out I wasn't the only one trying to buy it. Just got to the checkout faster!
My most frustrating things:
Bought a 3210 set and the seller shipped it literally in the set box. Address label ruined the box, and the set was complete garbage. Trashed it at a $210 loss.
I bought a couple of accessories, and the lady taped all the US1 boxes up with packing tape and ruined the boxes. I messaged the seller, and he said his wife did it and did not know any better, and, without even being prompted, issued a full refund. This was last year, so it was like 100 bucks for the two accessories.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Tyco Trucking

Users who are viewing this thread